Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's not a Ramcharger but it's still a Dodge.

I have a sacrificial caravan and I'm taking the really nice infinity stereo out of it.  However the front door and back speakers have 4 wires each.  I cannot find anything else the wires go to and I cannot tell where they combine, if they do.  Does anyone have or know where I could get a schematic for the stereo?

Thanks.

BTW it's a 93 grand caravan le

·
Registered
180 Posts
What year caravan? I have schematics for them and all the vans through certain years. If your stripping the caravan why not do it right and remove the entire harness? I just did that on my 91 Voyager and I'm going to adapt the wiring into my RC for the stereo and a few other things....these vans have a ton of wiring in em!

JS

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See the BTW line? :)

It's a 93 Grand Caravan LE.  I thought of that but I figured I would just pull as much as possible and then run descent wiring to the different speaker locations.  And the bigger problem is the wires run thru alot of big plugs.  I don't want those in my RC.  And I just cannot figure out the extra two wires on the bigger speakers.  I don't know if they are power or extra input.

I would appreciate any diagrams you have.  I'm trying to put the overhead console in my RC and would like to know where all the inputs come from.

I'm also moving the seats in, trying to run the motor for the back windows to the RC's roof hatch, moving the windshield washer sprayers into the grill in front of the windshield, putting the light in the engine compartment, putting the electric opener in the hatch, putting the rear wiper in the hatch, etc.., etc..

Basically I'm taking all the LE stuff and putting it in the RC so I'll have a 150 Royal/LE.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chump.  Now it makes sense.  Now all I have to do is find the relay and noise choke.

Any chance you have diagrams of the other ares, i.e., roof console, gages

·
Registered
28,502 Posts
if STEVEO dont post it l have any wiring diagram for anything

·
Registered
28,502 Posts
your email dont work

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, should work now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The noise filter etc are easy to get to. It's on the metal bar that runs side to side  along the kick panel (or lower dash panel, however you want to call it.) It's easy to get that whole harnes out but basically take the whole dash apart. If you look or feel around the center of the dash panel you'll find the filter.

And I was in a hurry so I missed the "BTW" :)

Hmmm, I thought I was the only one who was taking Voyager parts to redo the RC. In fact I have named the thing "Voyager" for obvious reasons as well as the fact it's "off road only"

JS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts