Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29,116 Posts
l live in the Mtn's of western Massachusetts in what they call the "hill town's" and it's a great place , because it's "farm " country you can build a 3 sided pole barn [ no matter how big ] without a permit as there considered a "farm" type building and they DON'T tax you for them , but it hasta follow a certain design standard and thats were they get you

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
i am on tent number 2 but they were only $200 so i didn't as bad replacing it and i still got $100 for my old one. i learned lots from my first tent. frame the bottom with wood to help keep the tent square and anquor it down good especially if you live somewhere windy. mine is in a bit of a corner so i have been pretty lucky with being able to keep it secured. it will fit everything from my 4x4 ramcharger to my truck with a bit of room to spare but it is 20ft long. i even built a table behind the dart to make working on the dart easier.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
An open carport on its own doesn't provide much protection from the weather but an open carport with a car cover on, would give better protection.

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,272 Posts
That is the first one I had that only lasted a couple of years. Got it at TSC.
Snow built up on it and it was a pain to take the snow off. Winter wind ripped it to shreds.
I now have the shelter logic and the material is thicker and framing feels tighter. Rounded top to help keep the snow off.
Definitely find a way to secure it down. I have it up against a building and tied to that as well as 2x6 under the frame for square and anchors in the ground.
It hasnt moved yet.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just add "measuring the truck for a carport" to the list of things I'm not mature enough for. I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.
Most guys do on occasion. LOL

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
That is the first one I had that only lasted a couple of years. Got it at TSC.
the first one had the frame bend because i didn't secure it very well. the new one has been a lot better since. yes there is some build up of snow that you have to take care of but i kind of like that instead of having it just slide off on its own. there is a fence on one side and a walk way on the other so i end up having to shovel out most of the snow that slide down the side that is against the fence. i can just use the blower on the side with the walkway.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Measured the truck. That particular model is a nope. It's bigger than I thought. (That's what she said.) :ROFLMAO:
So... did you measure the truck correctly with it warmed up with the tires fully inflated? Temperature plays a big role in how big it is...

Reactions: BearGills

·
Registered
29,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1978 W200
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So... did you measure the truck correctly with it warmed up with the tires fully inflated? Temperature plays a big role in how big it is...
I did, but does that mean in winter, I can use a smaller garage? What if I turn on the air conditioner?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts