Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
I'd buy a wooden carport instead of a tent. Price difference is not that big, when you value safety of your truck.

You can also build one. Here's a simple one. You'll pay less for the material to build it than for the tent.

Administrator
Many places here consider something like that permanent, and require permits, site plans, inspections, and sometimes more.

Here, even one of these tents, requires approval from the plans department, and a building permit, they have a form we can sign, stating we followed the manufacturers instructions, so we do not need the inspections.

At the price of wood over here right now, it is likely 3 or 4 times a tent. Last time I was at homedepot, a standard 2x4 by 8 foot, was over $7. Two years ago, they were about $1.

Registered
I had no idea you need permit for that, we basically have to inform authorities that we plan to build a construction up to 35sqm/376sqf which has no solid connection to the ground(no foundations but concrete posts are OK).

Your wood pieces are sick! I can get good quality wood for the whole build for 200-250$ max, plus some DIY skills.
You can even get a pre-cut carport, ready to assemble for 270$ but it barely fits a truck and the wood is rather thin.

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm fairly handy with carpentry type things. No permits needed here. Is zoned A1. As long as it's set back from the road, and no one is going to live in it, I'm good.

Administrator
I can get good quality wood for the whole build for 200-250$ max, plus some DIY skills.
You can even get a pre-cut carport, ready to assemble for 270$ but it barely fits a truck and the wood is rather thin.

Man, I wish. Metal or wood are crazy right now. Hard to find a carport under $1000. Heck, the plastic roof panels 2X8, or around $30. a few years ago, they were like $17

I'm fairly handy with carpentry type things. No permits needed here. Is zoned A1. As long as it's set back from the road, and no one is going to live in it, I'm good.
Here, anything placed or built on the ground over 120 sq feet 10x12, requires all the BS. So I'm looking at building several 8x12 horse sheds. Maybe a few 10x10 carports a few inches from each other.

The realtors still keep telling everybody "This is the county, You can do what ever you want"

Reactions: BearGills

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Man, I wish. Metal or wood are crazy right now. Hard to find a carport under $1000. Heck, the plastic roof panels 2X8, or around $30. a few years ago, they were like $17

Here, anything placed or built on the ground over 120 sq feet 10x12, requires all the BS. So I'm looking at building several 8x12 horse sheds. Maybe a few 10x10 carports a few inches from each other.

The realtors still keep telling everybody "This is the county, You can do what ever you want"
Never believe a realtor. :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'd buy a wooden carport instead of a tent. Price difference is not that big, when you value safety of your truck.

You can also build one. Here's a simple one. You'll pay less for the material to build it than for the tent.
Huh. That framing looks a lot like my duck house base. No complaints from the quackers...

• Haha
Reactions: Panda

Registered
Exactly, it's simple as ....
No carpentry skills needed ;)

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hrm. Now that you guys have me going, I looked and found this. HomeDespot $955.67. It's a fair cop.

Registered

Registered

WA prices are bad too and so is the permitting process (months). But, like you, structures under a certain size do not need a permit. Portable carports don't either. But... I live in the country and can do what I want. LOL.

Reactions: BearGills

Administrator
I would probably be ok where I live, but I have 1 neighbor who is a royal bitch.

Registered
I would probably be ok where I live, but I have 1 neighbor who is a royal bitch.
Two things you can't pick; Your family, and your neighbors. My last house... The guy next door came over. No intro, No welcome to the neighborhood. First thing out of his mouth; We have a problem. I won't get into the issue, but it existed long before we got there. But we were glad he eventually moved out. Next neighbors were great.

Administrator
I did not even have this place a week, and the neighbor called the county because I was moving in a milling machine, a big lathe, and lots of tool boxes. I knew then it will be fun living here, and she has not disappointed. She was yelling down at me the other week about my dogs not being on a leash. DUHH, thats why there is a fence around the yard. They are always looking out the window at me, so every time I go outside I automatically wave at them, if the blind is open or not.

Registered
I did not even have this place a week, and the neighbor called the county because I was moving in a milling machine, a big lathe, and lots of tool boxes. I knew then it will be fun living here, and she has not disappointed. She was yelling down at me the other week about my dogs not being on a leash. DUHH, thats why there is a fence around the yard. They are always looking out the window at me, so every time I go outside I automatically wave at them, if the blind is open or not.
Exactly why I moved out of the HOA living and into the country on 5 acres. I have the smallest lot around so neighbors are scarce.

Administrator
I thought this place would be ok, 2 acres, and only two neighbors see my back yard. But I learned all it takes is 1. Almost moved again last year, but the deal feel through, then prices went crazy.

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I would still find a way to anchor that parachute to the ground. LOL
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Maybe just tie a tail on it, and make a Dodge box kite.

• Haha
Reactions: RCCADMAN

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Measured the truck. That particular model is a nope. It's bigger than I thought. (That's what she said.) :ROFLMAO:

Registered

Premium Member
1978 W200
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Said no woman EVER!
Just add "measuring the truck for a carport" to the list of things I'm not mature enough for. I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts