Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vertical mirrors on my 87 are going to kill me. I can't turn my head very far due to past neck injuries and I just can't seem to get used to the skinny mirrors. Has anyone replaced these critters with a more up to date style? I see the newer ones have a normal mirror. Any suggestions would be welcome. Well, almost any.

Bought some bolt ons at Pep Boys this afternoon. I can now see 3 lanes of traffic instead of 1/2 of one. Thanks for all of the help

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you find some ones that you like, I will try to buy the ones that you have and put them on my 85.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think that I saw some horizontal mirrors at Advance. They have a mounting stud in the center of the bottom that looks as if it will go down thru the mounting arms on the trk and put a nut on it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
You can get some off a mid 80s chevy truck/van or get the same design brand new at oreillys. They are about 8 inches by 8 inches. They look kinda like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I thought those all looked like Cheby replacements!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
taz_man440 said:
I thought those all looked like Cheby replacements!!!
Really... Mine on my 85 are like 6x9 with one leg under the vent window and the other 2 going further down on the door. My chebby work van has mirrors like those!!! LOL

EZ

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i kinda like my mirrors on mine. they are like them up there. altho from a far front view it makes the rc look like a donkey with big ol ears stickin out way far out. oh well. maybe ill swap to something like the newer stlye ones on new dodges and just make it work with the vent windows. i dunno.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does your passenger side mirror have the "Objects may look smaller.....etc,etc" on it? I need one of thosefor my 85, a vertical mirror.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I may be wrong, it has happened once. But I don't think the replacement mirrors say that.

EZ

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i dont think they do onmost eeither unless they are from dodge....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, like you say the repl mirrors don't say that but I want to buy his ones that are on the truck if they say it. I have real trouble seeing stuff out of the RH mirror because mine is one that used to be on the drivers side and I was forced to put a Drivers mirror on the Pass side to be "legal?" So now I want the one that gives a better field of vision so that I don't turn back in front of cars cuz I didn't see them.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The only mirrors that say "Objects in mirror..." are convex (curve outward). Most replacement glass is flat, which is why they don't say it. Your driver's mirror is also flat, which is why it doesn't say it, and why you can't see as good with it on the passenger side. You can get the convex glass from a glass shop or the dealer (both are quite expensive), or try to find one in a JY. I don't think I've ever seen aftermarket convex replacement "stick-on" glass..

Matt {peace}

1 - 16 of 16 Posts