Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there is anyway to turn up the rpm's or the pump on the 24 valve cummins without using a chip

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is some tuning to the pump. RPM's.....not sure

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Nope. The pump is computer controlled. I understand there is a way to install a non-computer controlled pump, but it'll be expensive.

Ed

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
ya you cant mess with the vp44, but however it is good to about 3200 rpm already, so no need to improve it, you can always take the 24 valve and convert it to the p7100 pump that has made the cummins a real powerhouse which has lots and lots of upgrades but even then in stock form they will need a govenor spring kit to make them turn anywhere near 3grand right off the bat, they do have 4 grand gsk for the 7100, that pump is available all the time on ebay but you would have to do as ed says and convert it, from what i have seen it is some work but not any harder than changing the pump out anyway, if my vp44 every fails ill probably swap in the p7100 pump and keep the 24 valve head.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
BOGGER35 said:
i was wondering if there is anyway to turn up the rpm's or the pump on the 24 valve cummins without using a chip
Though I've answered your question, I'm curious, why do you want to increase the rpms?

In the world of diesels, you don't need to increase rpm to do the samething as gas engines. That big torque is enough to turn taller gears to do the same job as a gasser. No matter if it's mud bogging or drag racing, a diesel can do it all.

BTW there are some marine diesels that can turn over 8000rpms. It's possible for the Cummins to run over 3000rpm with the right cam, but it's not nessary.

Ed

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I was wondering the same thing

G

·
The mercedes diesel in the military Sus-V, it's cruise RPM is 5500, and it stays at that RPM all day, no problem. It is what that diesel is designed for= but our cummins simply don't need the Rs, just increase the torque!

·
Registered
30,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a new member[dslpower85] on My web site and thats what he asked and l didnt know / thanks for the replys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts