Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many life long MoPar guys I cried a bucket of tears to see the rape of ma MoPar by the Germans and then to see her "whored out" by Cerberis. I was really, really pessimistic when Fiat purchased Chrysler because it was obvious they wanted the industrial might to build Fiat econoboxes for America, not produce big american cars and trucks like Chrysler always did.

BUT, rumors are that Fiat understands "give the customers what they want"
One of the BIGGEST request is bring back PLYMOUTH. Another is a 2 door CHARGER. And even bring back the EAGLE brand?? YES.
It seem they are listening!!

http://www.pentastars.com/showthread.php?tid=3

·
Registered
354 Posts
Would be nice but i'll believe it when i see it.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Don't need more brands (Plymouth/Eagle) but would like to see some of the other 'ideas' implemented - 2 door Charger for instance and making diesel engines available.

However, the whole article sounds like typical internet gossip with no real purpose other than to stir up shit.  Especially with the line in the Jeep section about 'real' Jeep owners willing to fork out an extra $10k for an engine 'upgrade'.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I call BS.  Too many brands with near identical offerings in the same price class is what got them in so much trouble in the '90s.  Plymouth is gone, never to return except maybe as some promotional model, bringing back Eagle which was never a stellar seller anyway is a obvious mistake, diesel engines in all Jeeps would drive the price of them right out of the class after they do all the work to make them meet the emissions standards, and the rest is also similarly illogical.  The old Chrysler is gone and will never return.  I just wish they would let it die already.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cjohhny said:
Don't need more brands (Plymouth/Eagle) but would like to see some of the other 'ideas' implemented - 2 door Charger for instance and making diesel engines available.

However, the whole article sounds like typical internet gossip with no real purpose other than to stir up shit. Especially with the line in the Jeep section about 'real' Jeep owners willing to fork out an extra $10k for an engine 'upgrade'.
If I just ran across it at random, I would have considered it all BS, but the link came directly from the AllPar.com website. A lot of Chrysler employees and insiders contribute to that site, don't think it is total BS.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
ramchargertodd said:
If I just ran across it at random, I would have considered it all BS, but the link came directly from the AllPar.com website. A lot of Chrysler employees and insiders contribute to that site, don't think it is total BS.
I guess time will tell, but don't hold your breath. Could just be a lot of 'concept' ideas being floated around that will never see the light of day.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just read in 4WOR that they are taking the Hemi badge off Jeeps and just calling it a 5.7. Going for a "greener" appearance.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I know there are alot of guys that want a diesel in their jeep but if they could make money on it mercedes would have done it they have a good diesel that would adhere to cali's emissions and I don't know if Fiat does have clean one, then they may, but it will be considerably more expensive.

·
29,524 Posts
Todd, do you believe this part to be true?

Jeep is developing a new kind of suspension, referred to affectionately as the 'pogo suspension.' It uses a high power hydraulics to literally jump off the ground. One engineer indicated that this design will make 'climbing' over rocks obsolete, allowing 'crawl mode' gearing and variable-height suspensions to be jettisoned; you will simply be able to jump over rocks and other obstacles."

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KThaxton said:
Todd, do you believe this part to be true?
NO, that has to be BS.

I have to admit I didn't read that detail.
And I looked back at Alpar.com where I found the link they have a side bar asking for a vote on how funny the site was. Apparently the site is for satire. I didn't have time this morning to explore it's content much. At first glance I thought it was ligit because it was posted on the front page at Allpar.com

In other words...........

NEVER MIND

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Yes, seeing as the category that thread falls under is 'Seeing Pentastars: Farfetched Mopar Rumors', I'd say it's 100% bogus. 

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
cjohhny said:
I like this thread about abandoning the v-6 used in the Challengers in favor of a re-designed slant 6.

http://www.pentastars.com/showthread.php?tid=8
Oh, you guys are missing the Real story in that last link:
"originally destined for Ram Super Goat trucks."

This would HAVE to be followed by the Billy Goat Gruff Edition !!!
I am so stoked !

Ok I'll stop now.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Goddamn it, there's that stupid goat BS again.  Goats have nothing to do with Dodge trucks.  There is a huge world of difference between a Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep and a common farm goat that's too stupid to know that metal is not edible.  This is twice in two days, geez.  ;D

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If its too good to be true, its best just to shoot it, just in case.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its a joke blog. just go to the allpar website and theres a link to pentastars.com and above it theres a banner that says "click for far fetched rumors, accuracy not guaranteed"

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1989DODGE100RC said:
Its a joke blog. just go to the allpar website and theres a link to pentastars.com and above it theres a banner that says "click for far fetched rumors, accuracy not guaranteed"
Yeah, they added that later. When they first posted it, they did NOT have any disclaimer saying it was a satire site. It was posted top front page like it was legit. There was a lot of complaints about it.
They had a poll "how do you like pentastars?", the vast majority of people DIDN'T like it. They took the poll down pretty quick because of the negative response.
I think Pentastars is owned by one of the admins at allpar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts