Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a set of 6" rear springs ready to go in there truck? so they could measure....

Or possibley does anyone know the dimension from the ground to the top of the stack if the spring is flipped over?

Kinda need that # if anyone could helpout...

G

·
i got a set of 6 inch springs here the freestanding arch is 10.75 but that measurement will very depending on the spring rate so its not an accurate measurement depending on what your doing....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill...........I have a set of Skyjacker's that are 12.250" right at the centering pin ontop of the degree shim. Free standing!

These are supposed to be a 2.5" lift while eliminating the factory block. So if yours are a 6" lift spring how can they be only 10.750?

Whats missing here?

G

·
crap i measured a front spring..... im tired give me a brake, hang on ill measure a set of rears when i get to work

G

·
the only ones i have are 10 leaf pack that measure 16.18" free standing arch ( the measurement is ground to top leaf at the center mark ) these are probably off a bit because they have a really high spring rate to this pack, so id add roughly 1-2" for a 6" lift using a normal rate spring.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill- said:
the only ones i have are 10 leaf pack that measure 16.18" free standing arch ( the measurement is ground to top leaf at the center mark ) these are probably off a bit because they have a really high spring rate to this pack, so id add roughly 1-2" for a 6" lift using a normal rate spring.
not quite sure i understand ya.........so the pack u have is suppose to give 6" of lift with the block removed?

and they measure 16.00" freestanding.....Is this what your saying?

I'm looking at a pack thats 14.00" freestanding so that would be a 4" lift with the block removed?

???

'

G

·
ok 2 things wrong here with what your trying to do........ #1 the thickness of the spring pack adds height, #2 the rate of the springs directly effects the height....... so 2 6" springs can sit the same height on the truck but have completely different free standing measurements. i wasnt quite clear what you needed the measurements for but now that i understand anything i give you is useless unless you tell me the manafacturer of the springs and then i can look up the SRI specs for a 6" spring made by them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i know everyone here isnt happy with the use of GM springs, but i will take it like a man....

The springs in question are Superlift 01-322 8" rear spring...52"

I have been told they work fine but i was just trying to verify with a actual dodge spring #'s....

I want to eliminate the block and i cant stand the look of shackle flips...Plus i can get a set real cheap so .....

G

·
man...... this gets more complicated by the minute....... let me try and understand, you want to use 8" superlift springs made for a chevy, your trying to find out what the lift would equal if used on your dodge?

did i get this right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.