Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help in sourcing the correct cam for my truck. I have a 318 from 1988. It IS the roller engine, meaning roller lifters and rockers, and of course it needs a cam to match. I am looking for a wilder cam than stock. The truck will be daily driven but must perform well. The cam must provide reliability and streetability while having a lopey idle and good low-end power. Basically i am looking for a street truck/RV cam. I can't find one for the specific roller 318, only the old hydraulic and mechanical and the magnum ones. Please help with sourcing or at least give me a grind that you know works well. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Have you tried comp cams. I have a flat tappet and it sounds good. Just a slight lope. I don't have the specs with me and can't remember off the top of my head but it was one step up from an RV cam. Give comp cams a call and they should be able to help. Also some one posted a link in the vehicle help section to hughes cams.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Comp has quite a few rollers for the roller sb motors and they actually have a really good 1 i forgot the part # but if you get the specs i'll tell you which 1 it is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts