Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just purchased a 76 Dodge Ram with 360 engine(NON- lean burn), it’s 100% stock with only 75K miles. Has 3.54 gears and Has plenty of zip, but it’s old school and easy to fix, so I want to bump it’s  power a bit. I am assuming these NON- emission version engines still have exhaust valve rotators that I need to beware of. The plans are already for a vintage dual plane and some sort of spread bore carb, and a hotter ignition box with magnum exhaust manifolds and free flow exhaust. . I KNOW you guys can recommend a cam that tricks this engine into thinking it has higher compression. I forget the techy terms, or what spec on a cam does this for us. If it has to be a custom grind to get this effect?? Or can on of your off the shelf ‘Energy’ cams do the job? Does advancing or retarding help this?  These mid-seventies 360’s have horribly low compression. I checked one years ago, and it came out to  appx. 7.8-1.  Thank you-Crossy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELL, I LIKE THE EXPLANATION, but I did just order an orange box.  I found an LD4B and an old OFFY DP 360 intake so trying to decide which of those.  thanx.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hughes is a really good source for cams.
Just make sure you read all the materials they offer on cam installations.
They get upset if you call them with questions that are already answered on their website.
And you know what... I don't blame them.
If you do one thing... do not take short cuts on your installation.
It's way better to spend the money up front than pay more later for a cheap way out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.