Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pics of power steering and Smog pump bracket, mounting, and belt routing.
Smog pump was frozen with no belt. Pulling everything apart to clean up. Found a leak in the PS pump and putting it back together.

Most of the diagrams and pics I’m finding online has the PC pump mounted low where my smog pump is located and no belt diagrams for my 79.

3 grooves crank pulley.
2 groove water pump pulley.
1 each PS and SMOG pump.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
every PS pump ever made for a LA dodge small block was mounted low on the left = NO exceptions unless it was a Sno-Fiter plow truck and the PS pump was up were the AC would mount and the plow pump was mounted were the PS was - so NO matter what there was a pump mounted low on the left , the AIR pump mounts above the PS pump

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got one of the be odd Ball snow plow versions......

I wasn’t sure if it was a factory, dealer install, or later add on. Sounds like it was a real option. Planning to take all of the snow blow brackets off eventually. Mainly because they are ugly and in the way.

So yeah, PS pump Up high on drivers side. Smog pump underneath. I think I figured out how they all went back together today. Just missing a long bolt for the Smog pump bracket and a belt.

Pretty low option truck. No lower accessories. No radio and radio was added in CB fashion in a bracket under dash.

Trying to post a couple of pics but having trouble with iPhone format in the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.