Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took of all of the chrome and side trim. I want that clean shaved look when I get her painted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, she's buck naked. I couldn't resist after seeing rigs like yours, cleandust's, and ron's ex-police ramcharger (just to name a few). I love that clean look!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yeah, the clean look is cool and functional-less stuff to rip off when wheeling. blue is the first rig i bought that isn't rusting already so i'll leave the chrome for now, oooh, ahhh shiny ;D :p ::) ::)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a status report for ya. I'm installing the headers. I've got one side done. Already put on the new mufflers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My headers are flowtech. They only cost me about $98.00 bucks on ebay. It's a nice place to look for goodies.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would there be any problems with me running my exhaust out the back, instead of out the sides?

·
Registered
268 Posts
IF you run exhaust out the back it has to go over the axle so it has to be the kind of pipe with a good bend in it so you wont mess it up if you run over something.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got them pointing out the sides right now (stock position). Just wondered if there would be any problem with the exhaust gas (something an old timer mentioned the other day).

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've had mine running out the back for about 2 years now, and I haven't had any problems. Just don't do like I did and start it up with the gate open on a cold morning......the steam tends to float inside the cab ;D

Randall

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was able to complete the installation of the headers! I think I'll tackle the carb next.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
cajuntex said:
I took of all of the chrome and side trim. I want that clean shaved look when I get her painted.
i took the chome off the back of my rc but had to (and wanted to ) reattach the emblem taht was on the chrome strip so people would know it wasnt a blazer or bronco.some dummies out there!

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
JackedRamcharger said:
just dont tow a trailer with the exhaust going out the back
Why not? I've run mine straight out he back for years, I also tow several trailers. The worst thing thats happened is some carbon gets blown onto the front of the trailer. I prefer the dual exhaust straight out the back because one pipe on each side of the truck sounds way too much like a miss to me. But thats purely a personal reason. Now, if I towed a trailer on a regular basis for long distances, I probably wouldn't route the exhaust out the back, but rather both pipes over the axle and exit on the same side.

BTW, exiting infront of the tires on a RC is illegal in many states. Here, your exhaust must exit behind the passanger compartment, or behind the rear axle. It also cannot exit somewhere underneath the vehicle, it must come out from under the body. So on a pick-up it would be legal, but not a RC.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
cool rc cajuntex,what other mods do you have planned?on the tailpipe sub,i was thinking of running mine through the rockers just in front of the rear tire before i build my sliders,saw a K5 guy do this and it looked pretty damn cool but K5's only have single wall rockers and i want to have mine on a 45 when they exit.also gonna put some sparkplugs/propane in there so she'll spit flames.been wanting to do that to something ever since i saw "grease" for the first time.

Michael

1 - 20 of 28 Posts