Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp I've decided to make this thread a lot easier for me and for the dial-up users(like me) I'd just link it to my Build-Up of this truck on Mopar Off Road. I post my pictures and everything on MOR(the website my buddy started)and copy them here to RCC but the pictures are much larger to post here etc etc,just a PITA. So below is a link to my build-up of this truck and I'll update it as much as possible,so check back,please feel free to register on MOR,look around the site etc etc. We're still a small site but trying to grow,the more people the better,and tell others about it to! Not trying to still the light from RCC or anything,just figured this would be easier and MOR might give people another place for people to look also :) Thanks a lot

http://www.moparoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Nice project Jimmy. That's a funny tread pattern for a Ground Hawg?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
No biggie!! Keep us posted on the build up

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Looks like your off to a good start. What hubs are you using for the front axle?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
now why would someone waste a good dodge and put a crappy CHEVY cab on it??? some people are stupid i guess....... nice project BTW!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Damn Jimmy, Your a freaking hill billy you know that. :)
All the red necks around here wheel those.
FWIW- I'd recomend running a complete front clip, and keep some mud off of the motor.
Witch leads me to my second point...
Why not a big block??? ???
Looks good though. :)
-Steve C.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments yall

Steve..It's going to have a full front clip...for now. Going to have to hack the fenders way up to clear the 44"s with the small amount of lift then I'm going to build a set of inner fenders that tuck up close to the motor and just go straight up to the bottom of the hood,so it'll keep mud out but still clear the 44s.
The reason for no big block was purely not enough funds,we aint got a good running big block and I don't have all the things to swap one over nor do I have a bellhousing :( But when the 360 blows up...a big block will be the next thing :p

Jimmy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jimmy...... post where you get the parts for the rear disc brake conversion and how much you pay for the stuff. I wanna do the same and the only place I can find the brackets are Off-Road Unlimited but they dont answer my emails.. thanks, BTM

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BIGTRUCKMAN said:
Jimmy...... post where you get the parts for the rear disc brake conversion and how much you pay for the stuff. I wanna do the same and the only place I can find the brackets are Off-Road Unlimited but they dont answer my emails.. thanks, BTM
Hey BTM here is a link to a Ebay auction,my buddy bought a set from this feller and they are nice! I've done bought my set and they are on the way,for the price you can't beat em and they are sharp!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33728&item=7910088382

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Are you buying internal hubs for your new lock-outs or are you going to try and machine down the dually hubs?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know something.....I haven't thought about that,I figured these hubs would go right in,which I hope they will,but I'm going to keep the dually hubs for now I guess unless somebody needs a set of dually hubs really bad I'd take for some single wheel ones.

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I get mine from the dealer. You can get the hub and rotor as an assembly. Not sure but I think you have to get matching calipers too. I know there are two types....one for the thin rotor and one for the thicker rotor. I order mine for a 92 front 60 (which is internal spline) and they come with the thicker front brake rotor.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
What the hey hey linkies no workies!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts