Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,934 Posts
it's basically the factory 'hot rod' slant 6 option - not sure what was included with the Super 6 option but it's kinda cool to see it in something - neat to have if all original.

·
Super Moderator
13,934 Posts
...dunno - but I doubt it...

·
Registered
649 Posts
That is a good deal. There was never a production aluminum head, but there was an aluminum block slant six from 60-63. There were prototype aluminum heads, but none mae it into production.

RE: what a Super Six is, see here:

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm

That is a great price for the headers, offy intake, four barrel carb, and factory two barrel pieces.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link, Reed.  Awsome info.  {cool}  Did you author the article?

Many years ago, I seem to remember David Frieburger of Hot Rod/Car Craft magazines was iso or had a slant six with an aluminum head but I could be wrong.  That's why I was wondering.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yes, I wrote that article. I have been messing with slants for about 24 years. They are fun little motors. If you are at all interested in slant sixes, you should check out www.slantsix.org More info there than you will ever be able to digest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.