Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home and saw my package arrived(lock rite), banged up, but somewhat in once peice.  I noticed the notice taped around the poor packaging and read it a few times before opening.  The gist of it is that they are sorry for the mangled box and this is routine procedure.  I opened up what was left of the box and pulled out a wad of scramwrap with parts in a "WE CARE" package saying the same thing, all 5 pieces came out and im no expert but im SURE there is more that is not here.  Anyone have this happen to them? I'm going to the post office tomorrow with a receipt and demand a refund.  I don't think insurance was purchased but i hope they don't say the package wasn't packed right ;-?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Strangely enough i know what that means  8)  Although i will feel like an idiot saying that at the post office i'll give it a try and see what happened.  I contacted the guy who i bought it from to try and get a before picture as well.  I could have been packaged, a wee bit better but should never have arrived how it did.  Probably thought it was a b*** and blew it up with a water cannon and realized it was just some gears and springs, but couldn't find eAerything nor did they care.  Anways enough of my ranting its time for bed, i'll be back tomorrow and let you know how i made out.
Thanks for the support and reassurance,
Nick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok just got back from post office...  {flame}  and it seems "since he didn't purchase insurance, there is nothing we can do"  Then a chuckle, "something this heavy should have been put in a bigger, well packaged box"  as they slammed it down on the table in front of me  {flipoff}.

So any who im still waiting on hearing back from him, and we'll see what he has to say.  Looking at the box i can't imagine fitting an entire locker inside of it, then again people never cease to amaze me  {think}

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
I'd have to agree with the post office. An item that heavy needs to be packaged much better than some plastic wrap and a small cardboard box.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
so that's how they screw you on the if it fits it ships under 70 lbs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The conversation i had with the Post Master basically (hear'say) came to; we will open your package if we feel necessary (heavy or hazardous items) and with no insurance on it we are not responsible for missing or broken items.  Insured items are taken better care of and un-insured items are open game if valuable or breakable.  Also told me that he doesn't know what wenzeled has to do with this. ;-) for u 3jvj

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
yes this is true for oops to the only way to ship is with insurance... packages make great footballs no matter how big!

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Looks like it's time to go back to the seller and get your money back because they didn't buy insurance and didn't package it properly for shipment.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
I won an auction for a paintball gun back in September that was in pieces...something similar happened to me in that the box was beat up and taped and some of the parts were in a USPS baggie....I had no insurance and couldn't prove it but I believe USPS damaged the box and lost some parts.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
don't worry it wont fit in a box to be mailed to you.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The bill will.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Elwenil said:
The bill will.
No it won't.

Am I the only idiot who both laughs and cringes at the term "busted package"? I cringe because I keep seeing that skate boarder grinding the rails and, well.....busting his package.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts