Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY WIFE GOT ME A CD WRITER YESTERDAY(EXTACSY) and it came with NERO software. my nieghbor istalled the hardware on 333 pbell ok and we installed the software. now it freezes up everytime i try to use the program. unistalled and reinstalled. it gives a message that it is looking for a scuzzy (thats what my buddy says) anyway, now my musicmatch program will not run either. of course this all happened late ast night but where do i start to fix this?
keep in mind i know nothing about computers.

G

·
Since it says it's looking for a scuzzy I would crack the case open again and make sure the ribbon cable is all the way on the back of the burner. I replaced my original 32x cd drive on my 333 AMD K6 HP when the local 'puter gurus told me it was bad with an HP burner. When I cracked the case I found the ribbon cable wasn't plugged in all the way and after plugging it in I tried the original drive and it worked fine. I put the burner in anyway so now I have a spare and it went real easy and has worked fine.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wycoboy, thanks for the suggestion but it didnt work.
Glenn, you are on the right track. i need an ASPI driver.. something with a #32 in it. i have no internet at home so my buddy across town e-maile my nieghbor some files that he figuered i need, but my computer wont open the one (#32) that i have a hunch i need. so my nieghbor took the box home with him and i think he is gonna search around for the correct driver. this is making me re-acess my need for loud custom made rock and roll CDs in the RC.
oh yeah, it reads the CD drive but not as a burner.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
losing all hope, fixing to re-box it and take it back. my buddy went to the VisionTek (manufacture's) site and could not find a driver for the burner to download. is this a packard bell thing?

G

·
It could be a Packard Bell thing. I owned a pre-pentium machine and every time I went to upgrade it I had trouble. My sister had a PB pentium and it was the same way. I like Hewlett Packard or Compac's. Easy to work on and upgrade.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe a light at the end of this tunnel. turns out the hardware manf. and best buy are selling this hardware with outdated Nero software and they apparently know this cause that is what they told my buddy. anyway he downloaded some drivers from Nero's website and we got futher this time before it locked up. my nieghbor has taken this "challenge" personally so we will not be boxing this up in the next couple of days anyway.
i had no idea pb wasnt around anymore, story of my life (violins play at this point!)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Glenn,
no, i never got it to work. so i took it back with the money (and a little more) and put a pair of 6" speakers in the back where the ashtrays used ta be. sound much fuller now. so now i gotta bug the neightbor to burn CDs for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts