Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 84 Ram Charger 150 Royal SE 360 4V 4x4 back on the road. ;D :eek: The engine grenaded a few years ago and while I had a 97 1500 4x4 ext cab 5.9 Ram and my wife drove the brand-x, the RC just sat in the yard until I could get around to it. So when she totalled the brand-x (she hit a pig!!! :eek: - and it lived!! - freaking P.O.S. Camaro...) I let her have the 97 and I had another 360 built for the RC.
I now have the following - no air pump or egr, performer intake + carb (600cfm man choke), a/c (needs recharge), stock exhaust, stock height, 31x11.50 tires, automatic, 3.21 gears.
I have pulled all vacuum lines off except for vacuum advance, brake booster, heat riser, and heater control valve - do I need any other vacuum hoses hooked up? Has anyone jetted and metered one of these AFB's for a similar set up? What jets/rods/springs? - What did the carb come with (mine has been fooled around with)? My power window switch operates in reverse only on the drivers side switch? My power locks (push pull type) operates both sides when pushing down, but only works on driver side when pulling up - What do you guys normally run your timing at for best performance (with similar rigs)? How restrictive is the stock exhaust - what gain would come from ditching those 3 cats? Is there an inexpensive dual exhaust setup for the Ram Charger? I guess that is enough for a start... ???

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
for the vac lines i think thats all the will be needed. as for the other carb stuff no clue.
the windows could be a shorted switch or wireing. the locks same thing.

now we know not ot go brand X anymore huh????

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
to bad cant have it nless i find a better one off eiterh a PW or TD.... rvne RC would work....

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
it hooks to the vacuum tree at the back of the manifold witch one I'd have to go look under the hood ( But Ive got a ededbrok performer and i'm not sure if things are hooked up right. Being it hasnt realy run yet ) Wyatt

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
ok on my 76 which is set up about the same as oyu have it except for the a/c, i have the vac advance hooked up, the brake booster hooked direct to manifold, then the pcv from valve cover to carb. on oyur heater set up ot wol lbe a bit different as i have the inline mechanical heater control. shouldnt need much more than those items though.

as far as rods and jets for the carb go, i owuld use the stock ones as they always seemd to work fine on my 360 and several other people have used the same one with no complaints.

the edelbrock performer model 1405 is what it should be, is this correct? that is a 600cfm manual choke

stock specs are as follows:
main jet primary .100/ number 1428
main jet secondary .095/ number 1426
metering rod (primary only) .070 x .047/ number 1451
step up spring orange (5")
needle and seat .0935 (i would reccomend going with edelbrock part number 1465, this is a set of off road needles and seats)
float height 7/16"
float drop 1-1/4" +/- 1/4"
pump drive link location middle hole
accelerator pump nozzle diameter .028"
venturi diameter primaries 1-3/16"
venturi diameter secondaries 1-9/16"
throttle bore diameter primaries 1-7/16"
throttle bore diameter secondaries 1-11/16"

as far as timing i have seen it set anywhere from 0 to 10btdc, it all depends on what your truck likes, i highly reccomend gettign a timing light if oyu dont have one, do not try to set it by ear

as far as dual exhaust setups, i was quoted $220 for a complete dual exhaust setup for mine but i do not have to have cat's on mine. you will not likely find a shop that will install one for you without the cats. might want to check out summit or jegs and see what they offer as far as exhaust systems go. i know there are some companies out there that specialize in do it oyurself exhaust systems

hope that helps you out

eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts