Dodge RamCharger Central banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I just went out and dumped a small fortune on racking for my shop. I bought three red Husky racks from Home Depot at $309 per rack and ended up with about 30 feet of rack along one wall. It helped me get a lot of things up off the floor. It was well worth the price.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I've got at least 30 feet of racking that I'm rearranging, more if you count the wood shop and garden stuff getting shuffled. Some of it inherited and some of it box store bought years back. If I ever need any more, I'll shop on HiBid.com and get stuff for pennies on the dollar thru a contractor liquidation.

·
Administrator
62,523 Posts
I just went out and dumped a small fortune on racking for my shop. I bought three red Husky racks from Home Depot at $309 per rack and ended up with about 30 feet of rack along one wall. It helped me get a lot of things up off the floor. It was well worth the price.
A few years ago, I bought a few of those for $150 each. Last fall they were close to $400, they are finally coming back down. I set them up with 4 uprights, and 3 sets of shelves, giving me about 30 feet or so using two sets. The first shelf is high enough to roll mu smaller roll away tool boxes under.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
A few years ago, I bought a few of those for $150 each. Last fall they were close to $400, they are finally coming back down. I set them up with 4 uprights, and 3 sets of shelves, giving me about 30 feet or so using two sets. The first shelf is high enough to roll mu smaller roll away tool boxes under.
I did that as well. My roll away under the first shelf and the tool boxes on the first shelf. I also have generators and roll around AC's on the floor with the window AC's and space heaters on the first shelf. The top rack is reserved for Dodge truck parts. lol

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Got a list? LOL

Ever notice the styling similarities between the Ramchargers and the 71 Plymouth 440? The bird bath hood, the flared fenders, the body line, the 440...
View attachment 628289
Sorry. I just noticed this question.
Door handles and hinges. Hood hinges. All kinds of clips. Even the ends of the sun visors. Locking mechs.
Of course, a lot of drivetrain components.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Give it a year or two, replace 2 of my other doors. If prices stay insane might be passing on what used to be enough to buy a truck.

Back to why it's a warehouse as started moving inventory. As long as I'm doing a complete re-org I should dust off the skills and make an electronic inventory. Moved k-frames, rims, trannys, truck metal, b-body metal, sb and bb heads, interior and exterior trim, some nos. Need to circle back to wipe it down after working on the built ins. No pic to prove it but figured how to hang c body nose using engine hoist.

View attachment 628563 View attachment 628564 View attachment 628565
Cool cat!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Cool cat!
Patrolling her garage. If she gets stuck, she just finds one to curl up in. This one was bottle fed and makes a great foot warmer. Yes, he sleeps likes he dead.

Furniture Couch Comfort Felidae Carnivore

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Speaking of u-line wire racks, very impressed with this trick:

Shelving Wood Shelf Gas Machine

bottom to top is 440 heads & intakes, 360 heads & intakes, power steering pumps, 6 starters, 2 a/c compressors, etc, solid as a rock.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I haven't seen one for sale locally in eons. Other than one 75 Fury 2 door that popped up for sale but it was an immaculate survivor, had like 26k on the ticker. I think they wanted around $15k for it, it must have sold because it was gone quick. Other than that I don't see them much.

Even the 4 doors cars. They used to be allover the place. I had one under my couch at one time, I think. Now they are just gone. So few parts for them available too, cosmetic ones anyway.
Check out the Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix. It's littered with B bodies because 1979. There's also a crew cab 4wd shorty fire truck that pops up repeatedly.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Years back I dumped several rear seat frames to save space, held on to the cushions. Full b body carpet in red, black, full black truck carpet set, tilt column, one floor shift, rads and fans. Have visors etc in boxes, wire harness bits, tail lights, headlights. C body columns will be good donor for mad science lighting project.
Brown Wood Shelving Shipping box Bag

Last rack moved. Braked drums, rotors, calipers, boosters.
Wood Shelving Shelf Floor Flooring

Need to rework built ins in body corner for trim and glass. I'd call it 3 cars in a 4 car garage.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Definitely should have put furring strips up for the bubble wrap insulation but it worked out. When there's a good cross flow between soffits or soffit / ridge it gets sucked up so that tells me reasonably tight. Oddly the basement looks a bit different as all of this was stashed down there.

Big bonus here is that I stuck one of my other b bodies in the empty work bay in the main garage the other day and forgot about it. Rolled the end lift jack over without have to move anything (what?). Supposed to be 90s and humid in a couple days so I'll crank up the a/c, swap the front tires, valve cover gaskets, check the brakes and install the inspection stickers.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Back to why I call it a warehouse and it's almost like I measured.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Speaking of mad science project: other day I mocked up a electric drive option for the engine hoist using a spare wiper motor and linkage. If it doesn't have enough grunt, I've got a pile window motors.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Lemme get back to ya on the mad science after I rebuild one of the wiper motors. Meanwhile had a nice day to organize trim and glass.

2x4s between posts, bottom one has another laid flat and screwed at the bottom to make a shelf, top one has divider blocks:

Wood Gas Machine Metal Bumper

Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

Same construction, b body front and rear glass, d/w front glass. NOS front end trim goes above the fenders!

Wood Textile Ladder Wall Gas

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Lemme get back to ya on the mad science after I rebuild one of the wiper motors. Meanwhile had a nice day to organize trim and glass.

2x4s between posts, bottom one has another laid flat and screwed at the bottom to make a shelf, top one has divider blocks:

View attachment 629398

View attachment 629399

Same construction, b body front and rear glass, d/w front glass. NOS front end trim goes above the fenders!

View attachment 629400
I haven't seen any cordobas or trucks in your inventory that need to be restored. What are you going to do with all those parts? Retirement money? or???

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I've got a 75 Cordoba that I bought in 1983 that has about 300,000 miles on it. It needs both fenders, both doors, both quarters and trunk lid. Winsheild is pitted and the trim is missing / rough. Ran great when parked w/ fresh trans and recent rear. I've got another 75 Charger SE that could also use doors and a bit of tail love but 1st thing will be transplant the sun roof I've had for years. Thinking about a burgundy over black interior and really doubt the C body seats will fit. The bed sides on my LRE are kinda rough, wanna swap the plow over to stacked quads.

A couple decades back I bought a house and started to inventory stuff. I don't even want to think about the stuff I didn't stash away from the u-pull-its. It may have gotten a bit out of control but on the upside more often than not when I need something I have it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I was going to say something to this effect like...."I would hate to see where you are pulling this stuff from, but the new garage is a beautiful organization of old parts."

Glad you have the room for the inventory. My shed is really full until I can get my garage built.....

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I wanna say everything but one axle, the roof cart, engine hoist and spares for her stuff came out of the basement. At the moment it's kind of a disaster down there but I have plans. Its a floating slab with 8' cinder block walls and roots in the foundation drain. In addition to at least one cars worth of parts it also houses my monster mower and wood shop. Been chipping away at the drain, need to go after some mildew, move the wood shop and build an aviary. One thing I fouled up on this project: wanted to lay the spare car flat like a bear rug to photography. One rug of body, one of trim, one of drive line, one of interior. Could still back 4 cars out and do it.

Gonna fire this up in a minute, most of the body parts where shoe horned behind the HVAC.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Dads table saw w/ joiner from the 50s, radial arm, C-body leather 6-ways. Window is ground level outside and right next to where we have the batting cage for the birds.
Property Wood Flooring Floor Table

The radial and the seats are on the same wall as the double doors in earlier pic, stairs come down the center. 30' feet of racking moved to warehouse was down the 4th wall that I can't find a picture of right now. I built the shed because I needed parking spaces. Took advantage of the opportunity recapture some living space. It's good to be the king.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Msg 38 on pg 2 has my 75 Doba in the background. Was doing winter beater duty with sure grip and and studded snows when the exhaust started falling off. While working on 3rd or 4th sloppy patch job when the master went out and decided I'd rather work on my basket case snow plow so I drove it to highest / driest spot I've got and yanked the battery. I'll get back to it was around 2011 and I fully plan on driving it back to the house.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts