Dodge RamCharger Central banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I just went out and dumped a small fortune on racking for my shop. I bought three red Husky racks from Home Depot at $309 per rack and ended up with about 30 feet of rack along one wall. It helped me get a lot of things up off the floor. It was well worth the price.

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I've got at least 30 feet of racking that I'm rearranging, more if you count the wood shop and garden stuff getting shuffled. Some of it inherited and some of it box store bought years back. If I ever need any more, I'll shop on HiBid.com and get stuff for pennies on the dollar thru a contractor liquidation.

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
I just went out and dumped a small fortune on racking for my shop. I bought three red Husky racks from Home Depot at $309 per rack and ended up with about 30 feet of rack along one wall. It helped me get a lot of things up off the floor. It was well worth the price.
A few years ago, I bought a few of those for $150 each. Last fall they were close to $400, they are finally coming back down. I set them up with 4 uprights, and 3 sets of shelves, giving me about 30 feet or so using two sets. The first shelf is high enough to roll mu smaller roll away tool boxes under.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
A few years ago, I bought a few of those for $150 each. Last fall they were close to $400, they are finally coming back down. I set them up with 4 uprights, and 3 sets of shelves, giving me about 30 feet or so using two sets. The first shelf is high enough to roll mu smaller roll away tool boxes under.
I did that as well. My roll away under the first shelf and the tool boxes on the first shelf. I also have generators and roll around AC's on the floor with the window AC's and space heaters on the first shelf. The top rack is reserved for Dodge truck parts. lol

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Got a list? LOL

Ever notice the styling similarities between the Ramchargers and the 71 Plymouth 440? The bird bath hood, the flared fenders, the body line, the 440...
View attachment 628289
Sorry. I just noticed this question.
Door handles and hinges. Hood hinges. All kinds of clips. Even the ends of the sun visors. Locking mechs.
Of course, a lot of drivetrain components.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Give it a year or two, replace 2 of my other doors. If prices stay insane might be passing on what used to be enough to buy a truck.

Back to why it's a warehouse as started moving inventory. As long as I'm doing a complete re-org I should dust off the skills and make an electronic inventory. Moved k-frames, rims, trannys, truck metal, b-body metal, sb and bb heads, interior and exterior trim, some nos. Need to circle back to wipe it down after working on the built ins. No pic to prove it but figured how to hang c body nose using engine hoist.

View attachment 628563 View attachment 628564 View attachment 628565
Cool cat!

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Cool cat!
Patrolling her garage. If she gets stuck, she just finds one to curl up in. This one was bottle fed and makes a great foot warmer. Yes, he sleeps likes he dead.

Furniture Couch Comfort Felidae Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Speaking of u-line wire racks, very impressed with this trick:

Shelving Wood Shelf Gas Machine

bottom to top is 440 heads & intakes, 360 heads & intakes, power steering pumps, 6 starters, 2 a/c compressors, etc, solid as a rock.

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I haven't seen one for sale locally in eons. Other than one 75 Fury 2 door that popped up for sale but it was an immaculate survivor, had like 26k on the ticker. I think they wanted around $15k for it, it must have sold because it was gone quick. Other than that I don't see them much.

Even the 4 doors cars. They used to be allover the place. I had one under my couch at one time, I think. Now they are just gone. So few parts for them available too, cosmetic ones anyway.
Check out the Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix. It's littered with B bodies because 1979. There's also a crew cab 4wd shorty fire truck that pops up repeatedly.

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Years back I dumped several rear seat frames to save space, held on to the cushions. Full b body carpet in red, black, full black truck carpet set, tilt column, one floor shift, rads and fans. Have visors etc in boxes, wire harness bits, tail lights, headlights. C body columns will be good donor for mad science lighting project.
Brown Wood Shelving Shipping box Bag

Last rack moved. Braked drums, rotors, calipers, boosters.
Wood Shelving Shelf Floor Flooring

Need to rework built ins in body corner for trim and glass. I'd call it 3 cars in a 4 car garage.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Definitely should have put furring strips up for the bubble wrap insulation but it worked out. When there's a good cross flow between soffits or soffit / ridge it gets sucked up so that tells me reasonably tight. Oddly the basement looks a bit different as all of this was stashed down there.

Big bonus here is that I stuck one of my other b bodies in the empty work bay in the main garage the other day and forgot about it. Rolled the end lift jack over without have to move anything (what?). Supposed to be 90s and humid in a couple days so I'll crank up the a/c, swap the front tires, valve cover gaskets, check the brakes and install the inspection stickers.

·
Super Moderator
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Back to why I call it a warehouse and it's almost like I measured.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Speaking of mad science project: other day I mocked up a electric drive option for the engine hoist using a spare wiper motor and linkage. If it doesn't have enough grunt, I've got a pile window motors.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts