Dodge RamCharger Central banner
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Isn't great to have a nice place to work on your stuff?
It will be again. When I bought this place I went from wrenching in the parking lot to an oversized 3 car. Over the years its gotten to the point where it's tight swinging a wrench in there. The 3 that are parked in there now will be parked in the warehouse and I've already started turning it back in to a shop.

I'm suprised how much B Body parts are on my truck.
It's one of the things I love about Chryslers - everything more or less comes out of the same parts bin. M bodies use B body k-frame isolators. One [bad] style of wiper busing fits everything over 20 years. Strangely the male side of truck connector uses a different style blade vs the car.

Never ask why.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I decided to do a proof of [concept | crazy] before I climb too far down this rabbit hole. Quad h/l truck buckets for now and the pig tail they use will work great with the C body nose. Yes, those are battery terminals spliced in.

Ladder Electricity Gas Ceiling Composite material

Camera in day mode, no flash, sold.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Even with them way out of alignment.

Light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Electricity

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Isn't great to have a nice place to work on your stuff?
I'm suprised how much B Body parts are on my truck.
Got a list? LOL

Ever notice the styling similarities between the Ramchargers and the 71 Plymouth 440? The bird bath hood, the flared fenders, the body line, the 440...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Would you believe yet another call from the garage door company trying to arrange delivery? Hopefully next time I'm not on another call and baked well enough to have some fun with them.
Free doors. Get'm, wait a bit for them to realize their mistake, and if they don't, sell'm.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Give it a year or two, replace 2 of my other doors. If prices stay insane might be passing on what used to be enough to buy a truck.

Back to why it's a warehouse as started moving inventory. As long as I'm doing a complete re-org I should dust off the skills and make an electronic inventory. Moved k-frames, rims, trannys, truck metal, b-body metal, sb and bb heads, interior and exterior trim, some nos. Need to circle back to wipe it down after working on the built ins. No pic to prove it but figured how to hang c body nose using engine hoist.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Wood Motor vehicle
Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Did a little dumpster dive at metal fab shop then stopped for some punched angle. Missed a call from the garage door idiots because no phone on me. Took the afternoon to fab up a bracket to hang my Imperial nose. Need to adjust wire harness and hunt up spare bulbs.

Angles at red arrow bolts to bottom of rear garage door hangers.
Angle at green arrow will bolt to same angle as hangers do.
Yellow arrow is only hole I had to drill.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood

Took a minute to get rigged
Automotive tire Wheel Wood Motor vehicle Gas

Didn't expect it to reach.
Wood Wheel Floor Tire Machine

Rope sling to get a get couple bolts in
Wood Vehicle Aviation Engineering Ceiling

Snugged up
White Light Wood Lighting Architecture

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looking sweet man. If I would have tried that level of hanging something I probably would have broke somethin, mainly my own head LOL.

Neil

• Haha
Reactions: Lzed and RCCADMAN

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I really like that Daytona. Wish my Monaco was that clean.
I have one about the condition of your Monaco - hence the pile of parts. Bought the one in the shed in 1998 with 70k one owner miles, daily drove it for about a decade so it could use some cosmetic love. Recently buttoned up it's evil twin.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Looking sweet man. If I would have tried that level of hanging something I probably would have broke somethin, mainly my own head LOL.

Neil
I always try to start with not dropping the big heavy thing in question. When I think I've got it, I'll walk away for an hour while it can only fall an inch or so. This was heavy enough to want solid but light enough to test lift so it was work out where to lift and how to keep from rolling. Came out much more solid than expected but I don't see that as a problem. Might be a bit tight for the doors though.

Grille Hood Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Peeled the tape off the pigtails, both hi beams work, both lo blown, the surprise is no spare.
Wheel Wood Interior design Tire Floor

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have one about the condition of your Monaco - hence the pile of parts. Bought the one in the shed in 1998 with 70k one owner miles, daily drove it for about a decade so it could use some cosmetic love. Recently buttoned up it's evil twin.
View attachment 628587
That one is sweet too. The two tone really pops on those body lines.

One of these days the Late Bs will get the love they deserve.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I haven't seen one for sale locally in eons. Other than one 75 Fury 2 door that popped up for sale but it was an immaculate survivor, had like 26k on the ticker. I think they wanted around $15k for it, it must have sold because it was gone quick. Other than that I don't see them much.

Even the 4 doors cars. They used to be allover the place. I had one under my couch at one time, I think. Now they are just gone. So few parts for them available too, cosmetic ones anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Hung the b body dash harness for now, debating about putting battery tray up there. Maybe take another pass at hangers and hang dash here too.
Building Wood Lighting Electricity Line

Somehow truck body ended up splitting drive line corner but doubt I'm gonna move it.
Building Wood Interior design Floor Machine

Shelving Wood Shelf Gas Machine

Started interior / electrical corner
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

101 - 120 of 154 Posts