Dodge RamCharger Central banner

budget built xj

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Flat Black 
#1 ·
i gave 400 for it when i picked it up. floor boards are bad along with the drivers door hinge. had stock wheels and mismatch tires on it when i got it, first thing was to add a set of 235 mtr's then the lift.
iv got around 500 in to it with fixing the brakes and lift, the tires and wheels i had. i need to fix the floor boards, i want to have no more then 1k in to it and have a desent trail rig. gotta cut the fenders, build a set of long arms and lock the rear and add around a 35" tall tire

testing the weak flex

lifted

after the 235s

See less See more
#2 ·
The XJ is the BEST bang for the buck for a trail rig. 
Really, 3" of lift 31" MTs and a locker, you have a go anywhere rig with little invested.
They have plenty of power because they are light.  The axles are lightweights, but so is the vehicle, and if you stay with 31" or smaller they are fine. 

#4 ·
gonna build some bumpers next week for it. ill get pics as i go

#5 ·

no bumpers yet, got a pair of skyjacker springs in the front helps the flex out ALOT. trimed the fenders, added a set of 33x12.50x15 tsl's and added a new set of shocks. cant wait for the weekend to test it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.