Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Cleo, my '78 D200. I scored her off a used car lot for $500 CDN since she was failing AirCare here (that's like $300 US). I set the idle so it'd run smooth and took it for an inspection, passed no problem. All it needed was 10 minutes with a screwdriver.

She's got a 400/2bbl, Full floating Dana 60 with 4.10s and a limited slip rear (don't know which type yet). Previous owner used her for a lot of towing it seems, she's still got the mounts from a 5th wheel hitch in the bed. Runs like a top, had a rebuild not that long before I bought her. After setting the timing, cleaning the crud out of the carb and throwing new plug wires on the motor has tons of power.

My first Dodge was a '80 Ram van with a 360. It was the nicest driving vehicle I'd ever had (save my '67 Monaco) until my truck. Cleo has the nicest suspension setup I've had in anything. I like to FEEL the road and be able to hit the bumps without thinking the wheels are going to fall off!

I love the 400, this is my first big block of my own. Took her to Ontario and back last summer, apart from having to put a new oil pump on she was a dream on the highway. She's got the dual tanks too. For some reason the tank behind the seat has never bothered me (except when the gas cap was leaking, took care of that). Most people are a little freaked out by it though. I figure a lot of new cars have it below the rear passenger seats and it's exposed on the bottom, this way it's all surrounded by truck. I added a second fuel gauge so I can see how much is in both tanks at once too.

I'll put some more pics up soon... I'm hoping her original owner will pop up one day, I'm pretty darn sure he loved this truck. She's got a good personality!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Dang, I am looking into buying an almost identical truck, 400 and all, but this one is a '77. Definetly sweet!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mopar_Man said:
Got any other pics!?! Sounds like a awesome ole truck ;)
Yup, just got to get around to scanning them. I'll try and get some more up this week.

·
Registered
674 Posts
aw man I know what you talking about with that truck. I just sold my D200. It hugged the road like nothing ive ever driven before. That thing would corner like a car almost, especaily for have the big 440 up fornt. it was a dream. already regreating it.

·
5,142 Posts
We want more pics. Sounds like you got a good deal on her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts