Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brutus is a 1970 Sweptline D300 tow truck. I just got him today. I traded a used-up Mercury Sable that my mom wanted off her property straight across to a local used-car emporium for it.

Believe it or not, Brutus has only 62,000 actual miles as verified by the title. He was bought new in Show Low, AZ, and then came down to Phoenix in 2001.

Dig the cool spotlights!

The interior, less the modifications by the prior owner, is almost like new. The dash pad is perfect, seat cover, door panels are like new.

Somebody has swapped in a 360 in place of the original 318. I'm pretty sure it's a 727 behind it; have to do some more checking.

The wiring is typical old Dodge rat nest. I don't know why people are compelled to mess it up so much.

The tow hoist and the light bar all work. In fact, almost everything on the truck works, including the horn. The gauges do not, however, victims of the engine swap I'm sure.

I'm the only one on the block who has one.

Mohammad would appreciate those clearance lights I bet ;D.

·
Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
That is awesome! Now you won't be forced to use the Avalanche to tow the Ramus up here next month! LOL. Your neighbors are jealous I'm sure. You made a great trade.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
That is just too cool man !!!! Very sweet tow rig . Umm...so when you gonna start a Mopar salvage yard ?

bt83rc

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Nice GP you made a hell of a trade there. Does if have a winch on it or what? Anyway that thing look sweet, the possibilities or endless. Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
At the risk of embarressing Brutus, thats a beauty, GP!

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Bingo....seems like being a real good guy does have its rewards.
Now you can tow your RC to ramjam, LMAO.....
That is surely sweet....perhaps TWISTER would like to drive it, I am sure she wont mind running over stuff.....

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I got an idea!!! Bring that thing to ram jam and park it at the end of the mud pit to pull out all of the unfortunate people like me ;D :) ;) :D Any way really cool truck man!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
actually, that would be a real cool ORV. That's what me and my friends always end up calling. Off-road Recovery Vehicle. Put it on like 33's, make it 4x4 if it's not already, and include on-board air, winches, and etc... then go haul guys out of the woods for money. Dodges = free, fords=100, chevy's=195.99 Get em back for their ability to buy a performer manifold at k-mart while we while away our lives looking for one.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thats great GP! If you want to make it 4X4 give me a holler, I have a 203 you can have for free, just pick it up.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Hey GP, if you decide to sell it let me know.
Not likely, boss, but you'll be the first to know.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VegasVic said:
Thats great GP! If you want to make it 4X4 give me a holler, I have a 203 you can have for free, just pick it up.
Ya know, it's funny, I was pondering that very thing. I'll need a Dana 60 or 70 front axle too, if ya got one ;D

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ramdodger said:
GP,
Lets see, ya got a wrecker, and, you have Twister....yew one lucky duck! ;D
Tony
well, technically, that makes it two wreckers.... ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts