Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
Wheel base  is different, IIRC, 109" vs 115". Otherwise they are real close, mainly the lack of the extra body mounts. and the fuel tannk location.

FYI, you can use a ramcharger/ trailduster from from 74 to 93. the 80's and 90 you will have to move the frame cross member that holds the transmission. If you have a big block engine, the 88 to 93 frames will not have the place to mount the engine. I think it is a matter of drilling, but not positive.

The 81 to 93 frame, will also require a 3" body lift puck in position right behind the front seats. otherwise a bolt on fit.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You can "section" the shortbed frame, i.e., take out the 6" from in front of the front spring hanger for the rear springs - done it twice now to get the 3/4 ton frame under an RC - if you know the business end of a welder you're on the right track.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
A shortbed frame isn't as beefy as a 4x4 longbed.  If going to the trouble, pick a stronger one like fenrir suggests :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a ‘75 TD that had a busted up frame too. It was cracked everywhere and welded poorly to repair some areas(that’s how I bought it). I used a ‘92 W250 frame. Single cab, Cummins. I had 25” cut out and then plated back together.  RC/TD is 106” WB and a single cab long bed is 131”.  TD dropped on like it was meant to be there. The later first gen frames are the best of the 72-93 vintage, unless it’s a W400 cab and chassis. Those are the tallest and thickest I’ve run across so far. Taller rails, and thicker gauge steel in the late first gens. PM me your number. I can send some pics to your phone. I can’t get pics to load on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.