Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as ya'll know i am currantly involved in redoing the timing chain in my 77 PW as well as the entire cooling system...well i ran into a little sang.. i broke a bolt off when i tried to pull the timing cover. the last person to do anything to this truck went silicone happy on EVERYTHING!!!! so i am having a biatch of a time getting things off.... any suggestions though on removing this bolt??? does anyone have a size for it???? i'll post pics tomorrow on which one... if my 73 dart hadn't gotten towed i would have a new bolt but it got scrapped... any help would be great! [email protected]!!!! ;D

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Mouse Milk. I swear to The Man Him self. This stuff works. It's a penetrating oil. Put some on, wate an hour some mmore, do it onemore time. Wate till the next day and I bet a million bucks it comes out. We use it at work. Do a google search. It came out of the aitcraft industry. I snagged a bnottle from work.

·
Registered
32,086 Posts
is it one of the four[4] corner water pump bolts that are like 5 inches long and it broke in the timing cover / if it is l,ve done this before / see here in the pictures the white area on the side shot / l use an 1/8 in drill bit and drill down to the bolt all the way across the timing cover / about 8 holes / blow them out with air and fill with weasle piss[wd40] / if you do it right it dont ruin the t-cover

·
Registered
32,086 Posts
BOGGER35 said:
is it one of the four[4] corner water pump bolts that are like 5 inches long and it broke in the timing cover / if it is l,ve done this before / see here in the pictures the white area on the side shot / l use an 1/8 in drill bit and drill down to the bolt all the way across the timing cover / about 8 holes / blow them out with air and fill with weasle piss[wd40] / if you do it right it dont ruin the t-cover

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it was one of the tcover bolts in the corners... but after beating the hell out of the timing cover and BENDING 2 prybars it finally gave... broke off flush to the motor... the timing cover has seen better days and will need to be replaced. i did get it out with an easyout but i am now wondering how can i keep this from happening again???

·
Registered
32,086 Posts
its called NEVER SIEZE and it works / they make different colors for different metals

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so jsut some antiseize huh>> thats it??? ok that i can do... i'll get the stuff i used when i worked in the shop... good stuff but it gets on everything and is a biatch to get out... thanx dude!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.