Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering a re-man long block motor in a week or two. I'd like to know some steps from initial start up to breaking it in. Like priming it up... any kind of procedure to follow here? And break in... how long, what rpm's?... I have a friend helping me out but I'd like to get some opinions on this from others.
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
I would HOPE the re-builder would include how THEY think it should be broken in. If not, give it a day, you will have 5- replys here, every one will tell you the best way to do it, and they will ALL be different! lol

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well you have a 2 ways of doing this.

1 if it's a roller motor then prime the motor, bring up the oil psi and turn 1/4 turn do it again and agin until you make 2 full turns, then drop in the dist , put the wires on correctly and start it up.
Go for a ride getting on it and off it but not going to it's redline keep it as high as the mid range area do that for like a day if you can, then give it a good going thru see how she feels.

2 a non roller motor same as above except remove the thermostat and run the hose in the radiator, start it and keep at 2000 rpm for 30 minutes or 2 15 minute intervals never letting it overheat and keeping an eye on all the vitals

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phoenix827 said:
I would HOPE the re-builder would include how THEY think it should be broken in. If not, give it a day, you will have 5- replys here, every one will tell you the best way to do it, and they will ALL be different! lol
Well, I HOPE THEY include that too... like the title states though, I'm getting opinions from others.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
??? When did you get "back" to pa? Why?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I got back in PA last march. I came back because my brother was selling his house(that I was staying at) and the job I had out in ohio didnt pay enough. So, my previous employer(in PA) offered me my job back and I took it...good pay + fun job = new motor and savings for the trek to alaska

Now back on subject dammit lol

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
lol! ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.