Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 1989 ramcharger and there is  a bracket that hangs down past the frame on the driver side that holds the brake lines and I just know im going to smack it on a rock or hit it in a mud hole, anyone know how to relocate it or where to put it?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
That bracket holds the emergency brake cables, not the brake lines.  Both the rear cable bracket and the ratio lever hang down but I've never had any issues with tearing them off.  The ratio lever might be able to be removed and bypassed, as the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks normally do not have them, but they also use a completely different brake system so you may have issues pressing the pedal or getting full engagement.  Anything more and you would probably be redesigning the entire parking brake cable system, which I had thought of many years ago and swapping to a floor pull lever, but it's never been an issue so I never bothered with it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Extreem brush,wood,rocks,small trees. never been a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.