Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 dodge 250 cummins 2 wheeldrive. I have a problem with it pulling to the right when i stop. It doesnt happen all the time just some times. What it feels like is the left front just isnt working. I think it might be the rubber hoses that connect the caliperlines to the frame lines. Any one else got any ideas? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I had a caliper hanging up once that did the same thing.
Wouldn't act up long enough for you to about forget about it and then it would change lanes on you when you brake.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Try bleeding both sides. You might have air in your line on one side (the side it doesn't pull to). If somebody replaced the brakes or rotor on just one side it would do that as well. Check to see if your pads are glazed (although I would think both sides should glaze equally).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
The flexible brake hoses have been known to cause that condition,also - did you check rear brakes?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rubber lines or hoses are ok to say the most. Im almost postive its not the bake brakes cause if you let go of the wheel when this happens it will turn it self right in a hurry. I think im just gonna go ahead and change the hoses

·
Registered
172 Posts
my guess is you got a bad caliper.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe your left rear brake is weak. I have had a problem with ta rear brake bad and the truck pulling to the other side because the other side was working. In my particular case the brake cylinder went to hell.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both calipers are brand new 6,000 miles ago (about 3 mouths). I clean and lube up twice. I did it twice cause it was pulling, i even filed the brakcets a little to smooth them out even more. If i remeber correct the truck pulled before the new brakes too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.