Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Dodge B 250 van. Lots of rust on the undercarriage. My Anti lock brake light came on the dashboard. After investigation I replaced a leaking brake line. (actually had to replace several and the rear hose. Brakes are now working fine, but light will not go out. Tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't help. Please help

·
Registered
145 Posts
i used to know the answer(that means i forgot)
seems to me usualy a problem with a connection
above the rear diff.
i am sure if you go to
www.turbodieselregister.com
go under 1st gen and start looking you will find your answer
i think the truck and van are close to the same

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
what i ahve found works for FORDs is pull the sensor from the rear diff and make sure its clean. that should help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
mine has started coming on in my 93 Ram. If I get off the brake and hit it again it usualy goes off. I am not sure if bleeding the brakes will help. the fluid level was low when I first got the truck (last week) but I topped it off. The brakes work better, but still not like I would want them ... has a manual brake feel. My Mother-in-law's 4WD Chevy's all feel like this...might be a standard thing??

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
If it's like my 90 RC, I had to bleed the anti-lock thingy* up above the rear axle to get the light to go out.. Trace the brake line from the axle block foreward and you will find it. Mine was actually up on the driver's side frame rail towards the back of the truck. I had to buy a new bleeder screw, too, cause the original one was stripped.

*I know there's a correct name for it, but I don't know it off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to go get my fsm.

Ted

edit: Ok, I went out and looked at the fsm and it's called the RWAL valve (duh). This also made me realize that maybe you have 4 wheel anti-lock and therefore a different set-up than my RC with just rear wheel anti-lock. :-\

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ted, I've got the van raised right now I am going to take a look. The Haynes manual says something about the RWAL Svc Diagnostic Connector. If you ground it you can retrieve codes by the blinking brake light. My problem is in finding this connector.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It should be a single wire with a black connector right by the RWAL module.. It's behind the glovebox on an RC, but I'm not sure where it is on a van.. I've also heard of it being under the dash right by the parking brake release.

Matt {peace}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts