Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front brakes we warped so bad the clynder thing wouldnt move i replaced tehm and the brake light wont go off. i can bleed them and its all liquid no air.
when i pump the brake a couple times the light goes off
what does it mean?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ne help?

·
Registered
780 Posts
it probably means that the porportioning valve on the frame rail is out of balance. My haynes manual says to to turn the key on Engine off, then bleed the vacuum out of the booster by pumping a couple of times, then slowly press the brake pedal as hard and as far as you can. This is supposed to center the shuttle valve in the middle of the porportioning valve. see if that helps...
C.J.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
works ok but yes it is squishy, i just bought new ones cuz they were only like 13 bucks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that didnt help ne other help?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya

·
7,995 Posts
Bleed your brakes in this order...R/H rear...L/H rear...R/H front...L/H front...see if the light goes out. If it doesnt then try pounding on the brake pedal several times like you were gonna do a panick stop on the road and see if that resets your light. Bleed all the brakes first.:)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Chump said:
If it doesnt then try pounding on the brake pedal several times like you were gonna do a panick stop on the road and see if that resets your light.
A real hard panic stop is exactly what made mine finally reset... ;D

Matt {peace}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts