Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 trailduster, I just replaced the front disc brake pads and I think I damaged the seal in the brake booster (I can hear air when I press on the pedal). Is it possible to just replace the seal, or do I have to replace the booster? If I have to replace the booster any idea how much they cost? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Don H

·
Registered
145 Posts
i think the one for my 75 was about 90 bucks
but you can check
www.napaonline.com
or www.partsamerica.com
for current price
will warn you some are sold with the master cylnder
but my napa parts guy says they come with reman master cylnders

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
how can you damage the booster by replacing the pads ???

I think you will hear some air when you push the pedal, as the booster works off of vacuum. DO the brake swork like the are supposed to ??

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can feel air at the boot when I press on the brake pedal, and no the brakes dont work like they are supposed to.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
What boot?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I am asking is, should there be air coming through the rubber piece that surrounds the push rod that attaches to the brake pedal? If so then I guess I never noticed it before. Anyway, the pedal fades when you try to stop.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Ohhhh....that boot! I would say you have a vaccuum leak there. Don't know for sure but it sounds like your going shopping.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was very easy to fix, just disconnect master cylinder from booster and unbolt booster from inside under dash, then unbolt the pushrod from the brake pedal. The new booster was 109.00 dollars and 20.00 core.
Don H.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts