Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to ask this a while ago, but under the dash on my 88 RC is a white plastic box that has 3 recessed adjusting screws . It's been a while since I looked at it but I think one screw had "delay" printed below it the hole where you would put the screwdriver into it to turn. Anybody know what that's for. I have an 85 FSM but I can't locate it there.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Sounds like the emissions reminder box (turns on the "Eng Maint" light at a set mileage/time), but I thought these stopped in '87???

-SM

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
on my 85 the emmissions reminder bos was to the right of the glove box, over by the passenger door.

I think the box you mentioned has been mentioned before, but I sure can't remember what the suggenstions were then. Mabey some playing with the search will find the other thread, or someone else will remember

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Can't be sure, but it could be left overs from some alarm system a previous owner might have installed. What kind of wiring harness is attached to it, and how many wires, what color wires? Can you get a picture of it and post it?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Box under dash says"OEM REPLICA SERIES Automatic Transmission Electronic Module". Has a red light for "Power On". Has a red light for "Engaged" Has an adjusting screw for "Centering Adjust'. Has an adjusting screw for "System Sensitivity Adjust' Has 18 wires of many colors coming from the module. Other than what it says, what is it for?

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
sounds aftermarket
Was that trans electronically controled? Could it be something to adjust the shift points electronically mabey?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts