Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many body mounts are there on a ramcharger? ???

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
10- I think.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
fasternu said:
10-I know!! But only 8 bolts. Between the rear wheel wells are studs....
There are often studs used in the radiator core support too, but he was only asking how many mounts there were, and 10 is correct, unless all 4 mounts are used on the core support (wierd, but I've seen it) then there would be 12.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys. I thought there was only 8, dam those studs are going to be fun. Is there any other way to get to the studs besides under the truck? The body is toast and is heading to the junk yard so cutting the floor is always an option. I dont mind monkeying around under the truck, its just I live in vermont and I guarantee they will most likely not come out (thats even if I could get a socket on them, rust sux by the way)

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
fat_man said:
Ok thanks guys. I thought there was only 8, dam those studs are going to be fun. Is there any other way to get to the studs besides under the truck? The body is toast and is heading to the junk yard so cutting the floor is always an option. I dont mind monkeying around under the truck, its just I live in vermont and I guarantee they will most likely not come out (thats even if I could get a socket on them, rust sux by the way)
if you are just gonna toss the body anyway, then cut them out, trust me it will save a lot of headaches

eric

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
taz_man440 said:
I wanna see you just "toss" the body... they are heavy!!!!
Hey now; if he's going to be tossing that body.. Don't give the mad a hard time. I wouldn't mess with a person that could carry it at all; much less toss it anywhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok maybe I wont toss it, but there is always hooking a chain through the windows and then pull with another ramcharger. That is always fun.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ouch! I don't even think I could bare to watch that. I'd prefer to see a Ch**y pulled apart, Then I wouldn't feel a thing.
Aaron

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
The two man heave-ho removed this one, slowly. ;D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow you guys do it the hard way. All I eventually did was torch all the mounts, hook a chain to the rocker, throw it over the cab to the other side, and hook up and pull with another ramcharger. If you go slow and watch what your doin you can get it off with out breakin any glass (like I did)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
fat_man said:
Ok maybe I wont toss it, but there is always hooking a chain through the windows and then pull with another ramcharger. That is always fun.
Heh heh, my brother had an old 71 camaro he bought for a parts car, and once we got the good stuff we used a 1-ton chevy dump truck and a chain to tear the car apart...What fun!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
taz_man440 said:
so i guess seein this hurts???i'm not gonna tell ya how hard it was gettin this body off the frame...
Yes.. That does hurt.. From here it still looks like it has potential.. I'm lucky I don't have a bigger lot.. I'd be lining up all the leftover and unwanted Mopars.
Aaron

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
awyseguy said:
taz_man440 said:
so i guess seein this hurts???i'm not gonna tell ya how hard it was gettin this body off the frame...
Yes.. That does hurt.. From here it still looks like it has potential.. I'm lucky I don't have a bigger lot.. I'd be lining up all the leftover and unwanted Mopars.
Aaron
Well, I have about 7 acres & i would gather up all i could if my lovely wife would let me... But, since she won't, my latest body to be removed from the 4x frame is going to be re-cycled to another member of this site... Eric, you sure have a lot of work ahaid of you....

;D the blue r/c you seen a few posts up, the floor is really the only major problem.. major body rot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
taz_man440 said:
Aw come on, why did you pull that body off? It looks fine from the pics. I its solid you should send it to vermont, I know a couple of people that would give a large chunk of change for a solid cab...........

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
seems like it would have been less work to replace the floorpan than pull the whole body off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts