Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a 3" body lift and have came across something that has me stumped. The bolt near the rear wheel go into a raised beam on the bottom of the body, I have taken the carpet out of the back in order to remove the bolt at the rear, cannot find a way to get the other bolt out. Better yet get a new one in and put a backup on it to tighten.
Anyone else ran into this ?

thanks. Dave

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
It's a stud man. Just use some vise grips or a stud puller to get it out.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
davencourt212 said:
I am installing a 3" body lift and have came across something that has me stumped. The bolt near the rear wheel go into a raised beam on the bottom of the body, I have taken the carpet out of the back in order to remove the bolt at the rear, cannot find a way to get the other bolt out. Better yet get a new one in and put a backup on it to tighten.
Anyone else ran into this ?

thanks. Dave
Welcome to the mysterious body bolt hall of fame question. Actually you're dealing with a stud which is threaded from the bottom -up. First soak it for a few days with WD40 or a good penetrating oil, then use either vise grips or a BF pipe wrench, grab the threads and turn it out. Don't attempt to turn it without soaking it with penetrating oil, if it snaps, you're in for alot more work to get the stud out.

Ed

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Yeah, it should be a regular bolt going right back in. Just put the locktight on it and install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts