Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a body lift on my 75 powerwagon and have a few ?'s if anyone can help me out.

First, on the core support bolts, they seem to be welded or something into the body. I can see a square nut on top, but pounding won't get them out. Any tips on what to use to get it out.

Second. The kit includes new bolts and nuts for the rear cab bolt (reg. cab) and the stock setup has the nut inside the structural part of the cab, but I cannot find a way to get at it, besides cutting a hole in the floor. Any recommendations?

I can get that bolt into the blind nut, but it seems a bit short.

Thanks for any help I'm sure someone here has run into the same crap before.

·
5,141 Posts
I had to cut a hole in the floor of my TD and then I just riveted a piece of metal back over it. I can't help you out too much though cause I did mine on a TD and not a pick up

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
The core support bolts use square nuts. You can use a wrench to hold them while you crank them out from the bottom. If they are heavily rusted, you'll need to cut them out.

The cab nuts are captured. If you can't crank out the bolts from underneath, you may have to cut them out too.

Ed

·
Registered
300 Posts
I soaked them with penetrating oil, for about two weeks. Then I removed the bottom bushings, double nutted the studs & they came out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put a 2" body lift on my truck last year, Had to soak nuts with wd40 and then double nut them to get em out, big pain but worth it.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
I just did a 3" on my S10, I soaked the bolts everyday for a week and it only helped on the front 2. Those are the only ones that pointed down! I ended up cutting EVERY one out of the truck, then cutting access holes in the body mounts to get a wrench in there to nut and bolt them together. Ended up taking me 3.5 DAYS to do it!! :( Oh well, at least I pissed my boss off! lol took 2 days off to finish it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts