Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a body lift on my 85 r/c and was unable to get to the two bolts that are just behind the rear wheels. Do you need to cut the floor of the truck to get to them? Do you need them?
Thanks Ron

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that was stupid on my part thinking they weren't important. I guess you just cut a hole in the floor to get to them?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Turbo2go said:
I guess that was stupid on my part thinking they weren't important. I guess you just cut a hole in the floor to get to them?
These are studs and they come out from underneath. Remove the nut and with a pipe wrench, grip the stud and turn it out. It may take a couple of days of soaking the stud with WD40 to loosen the studs. The body lift kit will have bolts which will thread from the bottom-up

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
YOu may still have to cut a hole in the bed.

I did, cuz the nuts that were welded into the chassis xmember broke the welds. I cut a hole in the bed the same size as some body plugs I had, and since the holes just happened to be in the valley of the ribbing on the bed floor, you don't even know the plugs are there.

If you end up going this route, do some careful measuring to make sure you don't drill the hole in the wrong place.

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the help. Got them all installed and midevil extened the shift linkage for me. For those that haven't heard from him lately he is doing fine and working on a rear end problem on his T/D. I do have to level the truck althought everything is equal all the way around one side is about 3/4 inch higher.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one more question, since I have installed the lift I'm sagging about a 1/2 inch on the drivers side. I placed the 3" spacers on the exixting rubber mounts...... was that the wrong thing to do? I'm measuring from the ground to the inside fender well. I'm going to get some closer measurements from the frame mount to the frame at each mounting points. Any ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts