Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in open discussion last time..thought i should do it right this time around. Alright, I have this Force 85 HP Engine on our 85 Bayliner Capri. Can the lower unit on the engine be removed without all the parts flying everywhere? Thanks

Sean

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Don't have an answer for you. You may want to wait for, or IM JackedRamcharger, he's a cool boat dude....

·
Registered
756 Posts
does dan still have that engine he said you guys can have? if so, you should get that one and try and fix the other

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you're referring to the foot of the engine ( where the prop, water pump, ect are) then yes. Parts shouldn't fly everywhere. You should have 4-6 bolts that hold it on. After you drop it down - you might have a few more to remove. to release the shaft and allow you to take it completely off.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GroundHawger said:
does dan still have that engine he said you guys can have? if so, you should get that one and try and fix the other
Yeah I think we are gonna get that motor from his as a spare. I don't think he is just giving it to us though. We have our neihboor fixin the lower unit now. (There was a crack in the casing)

Sean

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
its easier said than done..least with johnson/evinrude..you have to disconect the shift linkages wich is below the powerhead and drop it down..puttting it back in you have to make your shift shaft is in the right position( wichever way it came out) assuming no one playd with the control box. Slide it in and use the bolts to suck it in usually ratchet wrenches if you got some work wonder in this spot. reconnect the shift linkage the oposite way you disconected it and put your prop back on and its just that easy

·
Registered
99 Posts
JackedRamcharger said:
its easier said than done..least with johnson/evinrude..you have to disconect the shift linkages wich is below the powerhead and drop it down..puttting it back in you have to make your shift shaft is in the right position( wichever way it came out) assuming no one playd with the control box. Slide it in and use the bolts to suck it in usually ratchet wrenches if you got some work wonder in this spot. reconnect the shift linkage the oposite way you disconected it and put your prop back on and its just that easy
oh yeh - agree with ya 100%. If you've never done it before, I'd highly recommend someone with the experience be with you. they can be real tricky. But as far as parts flying, unless something broke, you shouldn't have that happen.

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
slgunnel said:
JackedRamcharger said:
oh yeh - agree with ya 100%. If you've never done it before, I'd highly recommend someone with the experience be with you. they can be real tricky. But as far as parts flying, unless something broke, you shouldn't have that happen.
yeqah I forget it is with someone thats never done this before..oh yeah..make sure the exhuast gasket is still there too ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts