Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my vendors dropped this in my lap Friday. 1985 D150, /6 4spd. It’s in amazing shape, runs but has a cracked block. He had mostly water in it and we had a few single digit days last month. I’ve already located another slant to go look at to get it on the road. Later I’ll decide exactly what I’ll do. But magnum or G3 Hemi with a T-56 and dropped a little is my first thought. After my Ramcharger is ready for our Moab trip.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood

Car Plant Vehicle Grille Automotive parking light

· Premium Member
5,779 Posts
That is identical to my first truck! Love it. I'd just lower the rear an inch or two to match the front and drive the heck out of it.
Eric

· Registered
1,022 Posts
That truck’s very clean. I’d like to see more hemis in our trucks.

Reactions: blueduster

· Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is identical to my first truck! Love it. I'd just lower the rear an inch or two to match the front and drive the heck out of it.
Eric
Definitely not going crazy with lowering. Just enough to handle better.

· Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That truck’s very clean. I’d like to see more hemis in our trucks.
I’m thinking that’s the way I’ll go.

Reactions: Lzed

· Registered
950 Posts
Great looking rig. Let me know if you go with the manual swap. Would love to see how much modding it takes.

Neil

· Super Moderator
14,672 Posts
man imagine that thing with a Hemi, an 8-speed, and paddle shifters! Zoom zoom!! :D

Sweet project Dave! (y)

- Sam

Reactions: Lzed

· Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up a 318 Magnum today. It has the efi so I might finally use that on my Ramcharger and move the M1 and Edelbrock carb to the D150. Maybe.

Reactions: Mad Max

· Super Moderator
14,672 Posts
Dave - I have a complete MPFI kegger intake and everything (electronics, computer, etc) from the 94 Grand Cherokee parts Jeep I just picked up - lemme know if you'd want any of it - I won't need it as the 318 is going in our 71 Demon with a carb...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts