Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

Just joined the board and thought I'd post some pics of my truck.

Purchased it about 3 months ago.

The outside was painted a high gloss white and when clean, it hurts to look at it in the sunlight. Interior was in some serious need of repair.

I debated between this and an 86 Chevy and liked the looks of the Dodge a lot more and now that I bought it, am 100% glad I got the Dodge. :)

Well, I soon discovered that it is a major bear to find aftermarket parts for these things to dress up the interiors. My dash was missing that cheezy wood trim and I was missing one handle and the driver's side armrest had a rip in it.

When i couldn't find things to replace it, I decided to make things for it.

So I made some new dash and handle pieces out of billet aluminum.

I found some old door panels at a junk yard for 20 bucks and painted them a dark blue to match the dash, added a rug and a seat cover for now.

I'm in the process of making some new lower door panels for it. Just installed the passenger side one. I took a stock dodge lower panel, cut out the cardboard, reattached the rug to a piece of masonite, and added vinyl pouches from a 87 GMC Sierra Classic.

Friend of mine just bought an 86 for 500 bucks and he sold me some more parts out of his. I now have the interior trim parts for the ceiling and around the doors as well as the headliner (which I need to have redone).

When that's done it's time for the exterior.

I've currently got a stock 318 on it with a dual glass pack exhaust system on it.

I just got a Edlebrock 2 barrel aluminum intake from the same junkyard for a grand total of 35 bucks. Plan on adding a Edelbrock carb, a K&N filter, to the top.

Only other things I'm going to do to the engine is a dual exhaust flowmaster setup and remove the lone catalytic converter and disconnect the air pump for more power.

I'll eventually replace the 318 with a 360 for more torque (got a '31 Model A to pull around) but that's sometime down the road.

When the engine is done, I'm going to repaint it with a dark blue metalic and ghost in the pinstripes on the sides with pearl. Going to do the same on the hood around the Dodge, up along the sides of the hood next to the fenders and right up the middle. :)

I'll update with pics when I get stuff done. :)

I forgot to take pictures of my interior before the work was started, but I took some of my friend's interior (and his is in better shape then mine was).

I can post those as well if asked for.

Hope you like it.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Welcome to the site. That's a great looking truck, and I love the interior pieces you made.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Nice truck! BTW would you be interested in making some "more" of those billet parts (I`d even be willing to PAY for them ;) )...they are awesome!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the coments guys. :)

I've since added the lower panels and repainted the seatbelts.

Also found some cab corner speakers out of a junked150 in the junkyard I frequent and installed them.

Gonna paint them a dark blue like the rest of the interior. Next up are the ceiling and wall trim pieces. Gotta clean them up and install them.

Chris,

Don't know if I'm gonna do anymore billet pieces. THey were a major pain to machine. Especially the handles.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
gavidoc said:
Don't know if I'm gonna do anymore billet pieces. THey were a major pain to machine. Especially the handles.
I don't blame you. As a machinist myself, I can appreciate the hard work and the amount of time it take to design and engineer pieces like that. They're beautiful pieces though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
WOW!!! :eek: sorry, i am just really impressed. The level of awesomeness that that whole interior has is...AWESOME. Those billet peices are real nice. I would love some. Can you at least show me a design plan or tel me HOW you made that dash peice? that is one nice rig. BTW, i say why stop at 360? go for 440 dude. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts