Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i blew the transmission in the 93 4x4 ctd it was a 4 spd auto od i am very short on money and i had a 2 wd 4spd auto od so i did the only thing i could think of i put it in the truck i had to change the transmission wiring harness drill two new holes to move the crossmember back and had to use a 2x4 drive shaft other than that it was just a bolt in

it keeps me going back and forth to work till i can come up with the 4,000+ for the nv 5600

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
The early 90s Rams w/ Cummins had some problems with these trannys. Rebuilding or using a factory replacement or stock tranny is a temporary measure. If you go back with another tranny consider replacing it with a Jet tranny or upgrade it to Cummins specs.

Ed

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
swamthang said:
and had to use a 2x4 drive shaft
THAT'S gotta make for a nice smooth commute!!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
phoenix827 said:
swamthang said:
and had to use a 2x4 drive shaft
THAT'S gotta make for a nice smooth commute!!! :eek:
He meant 2WD driveshaft to go with the 2WD trasmission, not 2" X 4" driveshaft.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
AHH! I have heard of square d/shafts before, thought it was a cheap temp fix to get running again! (I will go hide in the corner now) ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I Have A 94 CTD with an auto that has a billet converter sun-coast and a suncoast valve-body fixed all my problems in mine somthing to consider lator on ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have to beef up those autos, I hate how the car companys cant put a decent auto behind diesels. Mine went out behind my powerstroke, I went with a HD tranny rebuild. Cost more but hopefully it will hold up. The billet converter and a shift kit should be done at the bare minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts