Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hard on the gas equals black smoke out of the exhaust pipe. it is starting to use more gas than it used too.
any ideas what to check or replace?
When i bought the truck, mechanoc said the ISC motor was going bad, what are the symptoms of this?
thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Black smoke = very rich, better check you oil too before you need a motor on top of what ever sensor is bad

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Black smoke = very rich, better check you oil too before you need a motor on top of what ever sensor is bad

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
check ur coolant temp sensor, if it goes it usually causes a truck to run rich.

Duane

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Could also check the air filter, that can clog up when the PVC system needs attention and then you can get some black smoking going on.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
hmmm.

dude i think your engine is toast, you need a 440 ;D

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
willy J said:
hmmm.

u givin them away? in that case, i think the motor is all three trucks are on the downslide.......

Duane

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, my trucks are in need of a coupl'a those too! Poor babies are makin' due with small blocks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Check and see what codes you are getting.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
CLRracer said:
willy J said:
hmmm.

u givin them away? in that case, i think the motor is all three trucks are on the downslide.......

Duane
if i was..(an im not) how would you want it? shipping an handling? delievered? or come an get it?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
chargerup92 said:
hard on the gas equals black smoke out of the exhaust pipe. it is starting to use more gas than it used too.
any ideas what to check or replace?
When i bought the truck, mechanoc said the ISC motor was going bad, what are the symptoms of this?
thanks for any help
I assume you mean IAC motor which is Idle Air Control. That's the little motor that opens/closes your throttle to maintain desired idle speed. If that motor goes bad you'll have fluctuating idle and you may have to keep your foot on the pedal while idling to keep it from dying.

If you're running really rich pull your codes from the computer. You should have the code for running rich. You may have a leaky injector which would cause you to run rich. You could also have a bad O2 sensor which causes your computer to default to a rich condition to prevent engine damage. This should trip a Check Engine light.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any way of checking for a leaking injector and where might i get new ones (top of the line part). Have any part numbers? 02 sensor has been replaced. my thought is a injector.
thanks guys for the inputs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts