Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went dove hunting this evening and my pointer ran up a skunk and got sprayed in the face right after we started.

I poured some vinegar mixed w/ water on her, I heard that helps. I've also heard that tomato juice helps, anything else? I'm supposed to take her down to Victoria to hunt w/ a buddy on Friday, but I don't know if I can stomach having her stand w/in 10 yards of me! :-[

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
febreze? ;D

LOL man that sucks! check your pet store. im sure they will have something

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Well, I used Febreze on my cat when he got sprayed. Worked alright.

Call the vet and see what's recommended.

Let us know if you find something that works. :)

·
5,655 Posts
Frebreze, Tomato sauce, or dish soap. try a little lemon dish soap not the stuff you put in the dish washer but just regular lemon hand wash dish soap. Yous dog should have a nice lemony smell ;D The trick is to let is soak for awhile, so put your dog in tub and get him wet them scrub all over, yes all over ;D then just keep scrubbing until there is so much foam the dog disapeared. them wash him off. If your dog still smells a little them do it again. by the time your done it will seem like a lemon truck is following you around all day ;D

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Oh yea, here is one I know if your house starts to reek. Boil vanilla on the stove. The smell of it may be overpowering for a moment, but it kills the skunk smell.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
This was on myth busters. Tomato juice works ok, but I think what worked the best was peroxide and something else, damn I just watched this last night too. maybe it was peroxide and vinegar? let me dig around on their site, maybe it is there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip.

The vinegar seems to have worked pretty well, the smell is pretty faint now and only if I'm smelling around her face. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.