Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im turning sharp the front end makes like a binding clunking noise. but when the wheels are straight its perfectly fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way i forgot to mention its an 84 4x4 ramcharger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
auto hubs? locking. tire size etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
auto hubs, 33" they're not rubbing i checked. its pretty much stock danna 44's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
When was the last time the bearings & hubs were serviced?  How many miles are on the front axle u-joints? 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the truck has 172 000 miles. and i only got it about a month ago i dont know the history of anything on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Dodge crazy said:
the truck has 172 000 miles. and i only got it about a month ago i dont know the history of anything on it
Would probably be a good idea to service the bearings & hubs as soon as possible. It may or may not be the source of the noise, but it isn't worth risking an exploded bearing to just wait & see. Besides, the overall condition of the bearings & spindles will tell you a lot about how the RC has been maintained. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
what size tires does it have they may be rubbing on turns
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
I'm still asking about tire size as tire rub from to big of tires can cause a grinding/ binding feel and sound.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
29,538 Posts
lopaka311 said:
I'm still asking about tire size as tire rub from to big of tires can cause a grinding/ binding feel and sound.
Then maybe you should read the whole thread. ;)

Dodge crazy said:
auto hubs, 33" they're not rubbing i checked. its pretty much stock danna 44's
Regardless, fender rub sounds exactly like, well, fender rub. I think that anybody experiencing fender rub would know what it was right away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
damn I missed the one reply I even checked a couple of times and still missed it.

I agree ifsome one has experienced it yes they would know what it sounds/feels like.

but if not then no. and 33's are big enough to rub on tight turns I would either turn it till it rubs keep it turned get out and check or have some one look just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
lopaka311 said:
auto hubs? locking. tire size etc.
One....

84prospector360 said:
auto hubs, 33" they're not rubbing i checked. its pretty much stock danna 44's
lopaka311 said:
what size tires does it have they may be rubbing on turns
Two....

lopaka311 said:
I'm still asking about tire size as tire rub from to big of tires can cause a grinding/ binding feel and sound.
Three....

KThaxton said:
Then maybe you should read the whole thread. ;)
"Skimming?"....no one is immune....but....

I just knew it was coming....primarily since Dodge crazy had already answered both questions....ouch!.... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
it happens especially when reading from bottom to top and dealing with a 4 year old that doesn't "need" a nap thus is throwing a hissy fit while trying to keep up with whats going on.

sorry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
lopaka311 said:
it happens especially when reading from bottom to top and dealing with a 4 year old that doesn't "need" a nap thus is throwing a hissy fit while trying to keep up with whats going on.

sorry
Yep....that'll do it every time.... ;D....
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top