Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I talked to Bill and he would be willing to let the 87 RC go for $300 if we can give him a hand pulling the motor on it. He already has the front clip off of it, but needs to drop the transfer case. I am good for $150 if I can get the parts that I need (power window parts, radiator, cruise servo, some trim pieces, possibly rear bumper) but the axles are still there and the transfer case as well as all body parts and most of the interior (which is mint). If anyone wants to lend a hand strippin this thing and can come up with $150 then you can get an awesome parts truck. He would like to do this stuff this Saturday (1/4) or next saturday (1/11). Let us know what you guys think. I am already planning on headin over there, we would just like to get a few extra hands. Bill also put a post in wrenching sessions sayin he would provide some pizzas. It doesn't get much better than food, good people and cheap RC parts!!

Ryan

·
Registered
343 Posts
I still don't know what I'm doing Sat. If nothing, I'll come help. I don't think I need anything. Just give me some directions. If you don't want to post them just IM them to me. Joe

·
Registered
931 Posts
Not ALL the body parts, remember the whole right side is messed up except for the glass, even the hood is slightly damaged.
And a few of the smaller parts are already claimed, IF the claimers come forward in time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Bill decided the best day would be on Saturday the 11th. Shoot me an email or instant message and I will get you directions to his house, it is around 91st ave and Grand. I will also let you know what time we will start, probably in the AM. (I am kind of organizing it for him since he will be out of town until Friday). Just let me know who can come and remember now is the time to get a sweet deal on some parts!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick, could you get $150 worth of parts out of it? The axles and the interior and glass are what is worth the money and you don't really need any of that. Your truck doesn't need axles, you don't really have any glass and you don't have an interior ;D. Just a thought. If you wanted to get it to just have the parts for spares, that would make sense. But you may be better off just spending the $150 on other stuff. But hey, if you want to help me out by putting out the other $150, that works for me!!! Then we just have to work out a place to keep it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I thought someone mentioned that this parts truck had the aluminum turbine wheels on it. If so can anyone tell me what size these things are (width - 7" or 8") and what bolt pattern (need 5 on 5.5"). I might be interested in them and would be willing to put some money in the purchase pot if they are in decent shape. I am also looking for some sunvisors so maybe that is another opportunity. Not sure if these are the same as my 1980 but probably.

·
Registered
931 Posts
5 on 5.5, very slight damage to one on passener side, a gouge on the lip, and door tag says 15x7.
vehicle is still mine until the strip out, so make an offer. I will include the steel rim and spare. 31x105 tires on alum rims are useable but 2 have damage that may preclude them from everyday use.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was afriad the aluminum rims would be 7" wide. I currently have some cheap 8" rims and the tires look like they are bulging as it is. I also may go up a size in the future. I am going to have to pass on the rims but may still be interested in some of the interior items.

Sunvisors, Front seats

Will have to see them in person.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm Back!
Sorry I haven't been around. Just nuts at work around the holidays. Also just got a German Shepherd pup. We're busy spoiling her rotten!
Sounds like you guys got it all figured out! I'M IN! I can be there Sat, but I have a bday party at 6:30. So I'll have to start early. I got $150 and a sawzall...um I mean a wrench!
Question: who's keeping the carcus and who's towing it? Maybe someone with a trailer or a buddy with a tow truck can pitch in for parts? I'd love to have the truck here for all the parts I'm not thinking of (little stuff). I definatly need interior trim, sway bar and maybe the rear axle.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah, who is prepared to drag the carcass away? can't have this beached whale in my driveway much longer or the neighbors are going to start complaining. Actually, they probably won't as I keep it clean and some of my other neighbors have more cars than me. But I do need the room for the "next" vehicle......
Shortly after daylight would be a good time to start.
AZBearFan has been coordinating this in my absence, I just got back from far north Utah, where I found an 82RC 4x4, 4spd that was available for only $500, and it had a new 4BBL Edelbrock carb on it. But, had to leave it there. Let the local RCC boys know about it, tho.

·
Registered
931 Posts
DIRECTIONS TO MY HOUSE
From 89th Ave and Cactus Ave, go north 2 streets to Columbine, then turn right, then an IMMEDIATE LEFT, which will put you up on Corrine, which will wind back east and I am the second house on the right. Look for the black RC. One of my neighbors is out of town for a few days so there is room for off street parking for several vehicles there. I will put 2 of mine there for starters.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'll be their about that time, no later than 9.javascript:Smiley9() I have a side job to do in the morning. Some guy does'nt know how to change a couple flourescent bulbs, well actually, it's 22 bulbs at some store in Scottsdale. I'll pack a few extra tools for "just in case"javascript:Smiley5()

·
Registered
931 Posts
no, but Duffy says he has something. I have a chain with steel brackets on it, but it looks flimsy to me, have some other chain, so I am sure that we can rig up something....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can someone post a phone number for this parts truck schindig? I am not sure I can make it out there before noon, if at all. I would like to make sure if I do attempt to come out I don't get there after everyone has left.

Are the seats and sunvisors in good condition? Does anyone have dibs on them already?

·
Registered
931 Posts
623-412-0084
passengers seat is gone, drivers seat needs repair as it is in permanent recline mode, but cover is good, interior color is red, visors in good condition.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts