Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took a 1977 Dodge snow commander frame and put my 86 dodge ram body onto it. I have it all hooked up, but I am not getting any spark. I have checked and replace the coil checked the pickup coil, replaced the harness, and replaced the brain box. But I still can not get any spark out of the coil. Both sides of the coil are hot whenm the key is turned on. PLEASE HELP! I have run out ???

G

·
Do you have a healthy engine to body/frame ground wire? I've seen many examples that have two. One at the front of the driver's side of the engine, and another on the rear of the passenger side of the engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Boy your starting to make me think to much you have power to coil but none coming out you replaced the pick-up it's got to be in the dist. some how or the coil wires on backwards your starting to stump me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thinking I have to much power at the coil. It's 12 volts. The pick up coil checks out, but I should check it while cranking I think. I dunno I am so fried trying to logically think this out.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
wait chump will get ahold of this and figure it out i bet ..... i am the most suck ass person to ask about electrical issues though lol ...

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Is this standard Mopar electronic ignition? Are you using a ballast resistor?

If yes,
When the key is in the 'start' position you should have battery voltage at the coil.
When the key is in the 'run' position you should have ~8 volts at the coil.

With the Mopar elec ignition it should run even if you have battery voltage to the coil at all times...it will just burn the coil out.

My shot in the dark would be you have power to the coil when the key is in "run", but not when the key is in "start".

-SM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts