Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install a factory cast 4 barrel intake on my sons 76 W200 with a 400. I've never messed with big blocks. I've always worked on small blocks so this is a first for me. I got a new gasket set with a valley tray included. Do the big blocks require the valley tray and the intake gaskets or just the valley tray?  I'm reading conflicting data online

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Check the fit of the intake without the gaskets or valley pan.  I typically used just the valley pan with a stock cast iron intake and sandwiched the valley pan between the gaskets when using an aluminum intake.  If the heads have been milled or the block decked it will change the fit of the intake and it's possible you may need the extra gaskets even with a cast iron intake to take up the space.  If you end up using the gaskets with the valley pan, use some sort of gasket cement to stick the gaskets to the valley pan and hold them in place.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no reason to believe the heads or block have been machined. It still has the original 2 barrel carb on it :(

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.