Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought one of those Edelbrock breathers today and I love it!! I remember this truck from before. I guess you are finally getting it put together huh?

Randall

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice rig man. I like how you redid the front grille with the dodge symbols as turn signals, well done. Big block is sick too, i would run a K&N filter on it instead of edelbrock

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[yeah i put the edelbrock on there cause it was cheap , looks cool,and flows air at 1100cfm,however since we're not quite tuned up yet it backfires a bit and this has burned 2 holes in the filter element right over the main bores! I'll probably put a k&n on eventually..still a few other things higher on the list tho,like new brake callipers,exhaust system,new tires,oh yeah and registration/insurance would be a plus! Next month i'm moving to colorado so I'm lookin forward to having some fun with it up there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I was runnin a K&N, but the Edelbrock Pro-Flo flows a helluva lot better than the K&N did. More power, more howl, and better sound now.

Randall

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
those filters aren't very good, backfires burn em up and the shit falls into your carb, which can clog it up. They can also catch on fire easy, if the car backfires and sprays the foam with gas, and backfires again. In my opinion a K&N is better since it is unlikely to catch on fire and burn your truck up.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
hey I really dig your rig 8) The flames look bad @$$!! what size/brand tires are you running? Axels? Is that flat bed factory/after market/or home made? please post any info because I want to build something similar :)

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
choice ride, I like it alot ! {smoke}

MOPARS ROCK ! !

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
those filters aren't very good, backfires burn em up and the shit falls into your carb, which can clog it up. They can also catch on fire easy, if the car backfires and sprays the foam with gas, and backfires again. In my opinion a K&N is better since it is unlikely to catch on fire and burn your truck up.
you said it,had the same thing happen,truck didn't burn up but it sure scared the shit out of me.k&n is the way to go.

love that freakin' pickup,very very sweet!

Michael

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whlnwgn said:
hey I really dig your rig 8) The flames look bad @$$!! what size/brand tires are you running? Axels? Is that flat bed factory/after market/or home made? please post any info because I want to build something similar :)
Hey thanx!!
the tires are 15x39.5x15 ground hawgs and need to be replaced!I'll probably go with similar ones again tho those new trexus 21x44x15 would be nice ;D
The bed is home made out of wood (mostly 2x4s with a few 2x12's underneath) and also needs to be replaced! Should be an east one though,all you doo is make a big board out of a bunch of little ones and bolt it to the frame.I'm thinking that i'll make a new one oout of diamond plate aluminum to replace it though.Feel free to IM me if i can be of any assistance with your project...and good luck
John

·
Premium Member
26,084 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I thought i warned you about those air cleaners already, well Sam knows

1 - 20 of 36 Posts