Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready for the r134 conversion and need to replace my original condenser.  Is there a difference in performance/construction between the one on Rockauto vs. Bouchillon?  The Bouchillon multi pass condenser markets as 30-40% more efficient than OEM and better for r134, but there is minimal info on the Rockauto condensers.  Is the rockauto a multi pass?  Being in Arizona, I'm more than willing to spend the extra money and get a better condenser but would rather not overpay for the same product.

The other difference i see is the rockauto looks like more of a drop-in where the bouchillon does not have the hardlines/block running up the side and I'd have to figure out how to connect it to the current lines running to the drier. 

I was originally looking at the Bouchillon Kit, but it's quite expensive ($425) if I only need to replace the condenser, expansion valve and drier (~$140).

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
supposedly the murray brand from oreillys isthe best direct fit compatible with r134 according to dieseltruckresource
I havnt tested it but not expecting miracles as the one I got for my 93 didnt look any different

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jerseybud said:
supposedly the murray brand from oreillys isthe best direct fit compatible with r134 according to dieseltruckresource
I havnt tested it but not expecting miracles as the one I got for my 93 didnt look any different
you mean look any different than the stock condenser? If that is the case, I'd guess that most of the normal autoparts condensers are same as OEM. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.