Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help i have a 93 dodge write a few times before was having problems with stuttering or surging whatever you want to call it, my truck bucks basically hold steady throttle when driving, wont do it when im parked and rev and hold the rpm, i have replace the following, 02 , tps, map, icu, distributor, plugs and wires only have a 1000 miles on them , fuel filter,and cleaned the egr system, im at a loss, maybe a fuel problem of some problem, its a 93 dodge 318 multi port fuel injection....any help ? oh and no codes are coming up just 55

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
well i have the same problem man..... I took mine to a shop today and they told me i had a bad cat.... I have replaced the guelpump strainer throttle postion sensor dis cap rotor every thing and nothn... CLeaned egr..... I gots the same problem..

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
If you can do a better explanation than that, maybe someone can help; and, NO ::) , a stutter, a buck, and a surge are quite different in sinusoidal frequency :p .

Stutter is a short, sharp interruption; a brief decrease in power, that might cause your head to bobble just a little... :-[

A buck is a strong, completely on/off/on power interruption, that'll flop your head back and forth unless your neck is flexed... :(.

Surge is generally a longer duration increase in power, then a return to previous level, sorta ramp-up then ramp-down... :-\

You know what you're trying to say, but to someone who hasn't ridden in your truck, your explanation is garbled and confusing.

G

·
Sinusoidal {cool}

That makes 2,426 words I've learned from you, Smokey. Does that have to do with felt frequencies rather than audio frequencies?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if you define the three in that dertail then it is a stutter, if i hold the throttle its like a quick cut out almost like a fouled plug and if i keep holding the throttle in the same position it will keep doin the same thing... stuttering

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Felt...? felt frequencies ???

Izzat how many times a day you put on your Stetson 4X ?

Or how many times you stroke your beaver..... fur tophat ?

G

·
;D Sorry, I just read my post and it didn't make a bit of sense to me either. Maybe I haven't stroked my beaver enough. OK. I'll shut the hell up and let ya'll get on with the post. :-[

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Cool 8) Thanks.

PG, I felt your pain ;D

Does it repeat at split seconds, or every few seconds or just a few times a minute, or ???

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
I've opened the sealed mayonnaise jar which is kept under the porch of Cbody's dog house, and the secret answer is.....

(Actually Prmer Grey and I conferred on the side, and decided)

One cylinder fire going out under load.

Have you pulled the spark plugs after running for awhile at stutter speeds/loads ? Did one of them look just a little bit different from the others ?

I know you've recently replaced durn near everything, but, after the plug check above, check:

Plug wire(s) not burnt thru on exhaust, or rubbed thru on a bracket.

Plug wires not laying next to/on anything they could short to.

Both ends good on all wires ?

Clean and tight connection at the plug boot/plug clip end AND is there visible wire or fiber conductor actually crimped into the plug clip-on end of the wire ?

Then,
Clean wire ends and cap sockets at the distributor end of the plug wires ? Snug connections ?

Any streaks of dirt/grease down the sides of the cap ? This could provide a track for a spark to discharge along, instead of firing the wire/plug.

Look inside the cap... any chips out of any of the interior contacts or rotor tip...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts