Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just did a 700 mile road trip and the 37 year old bench seat was not so nice on the neck and butt. Just wondering what any one here has done to improve the ride in there rigs. I thought about using ramcharger seats? Don't know if they will work out or if there worth it. Maybe a supenision seat. they have daily driver ones but im not sure if the money is worth it any pics or ideas would be great.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
'80s Ramcharger and B-van high back bucket seats are probably some of the most comfortable seats ever put in a truck.  Ramcharger seats and risers will bolt into an '80s model truck with a little bracing added to the floor where the inboard seat bolts go through the floor pan.  Only Ramcharger and ClubCab trucks had bucket seats from the factory in the '80s and the regular pickups did not get the extra floor bracing needed.  I'm not positive that the floor pans are the same, but you could probably make it work with little issue since I'm pretty sure the '70s and '80s bench seats will swap so if there are differences they are minor and some shimming will probably do fine.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I put a 97 ram seat in my 82, then drove 2k miles. It was one of the best mods I have done. Here is a quick pic when i started it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like a pretty clean install. I have been looking at that same swap for awhile now. My dad had a 97 ram with those same seats and I drove 3 road trips that we put over 10k and they where comfortable. I will start doing some looking around for some. Just wondering if you had any pics of the install and if you ran into any problems doing that swap?

·
Registered
712 Posts
1973moneypit said:
That looks like a pretty clean install. I have been looking at that same swap for awhile now. My dad had a 97 ram with those same seats and I drove 3 road trips that we put over 10k and they where comfortable. I will start doing some looking around for some. Just wondering if you had any pics of the install and if you ran into any problems doing that swap?
I cant take the credit for this idea. I got it from B2customs, here is the link to his build thread.

http://ramchargercentral.com/index.php/topic,123290.100.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I was just wondering if you too guys that did this swap, if you lowered the seats by modifying the mounting brackets. I bought some seats and I am trying to get them to sit in the truck right but they seem to sit too high up? Just wondering?

·
Registered
712 Posts
1973moneypit said:
Hi I was just wondering if you too guys that did this swap, if you lowered the seats by modifying the mounting brackets. I bought some seats and I am trying to get them to sit in the truck right but they seem to sit too high up? Just wondering?
yes I cut the bottom off of 3 of the mounts on each side and rewelded plate to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a bunch man. makes me feel better cutting and welding when other people have done the same thing before ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts