Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before..

after...

needs a little paint, but now sports a complete rebuild, new converter and a shift kit to top it off, as well as the deep Hughes pan. Now who wants to help me put it back in? ;D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sounds like a great setup. What did Hughes charge you for the pan and TC? What brand of shift kit did you use? My new 727 is in 100+ pieces in the garage right now, and I'm idea shopping.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Sweet.....it's coming together. Gotta get some paint on that adapter and trim that toenail. ;)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TransGo Shiftkit, the pan was $115+tax my dealership price...list $179. If you want one i can get it for you at my price, just let me know. And the TC is one that came with the tranny rebuild, its just a stock replacement.

built by one of the best places in Phoenix (Gentrys on 27th ave between camelback & bethany)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll feel better driving down the road, right now i just feel extremly broke. :D

t-case gets taken care of tomarrow

·
Registered
660 Posts
damn dude, thats awesome. There actually was a tranny under that gunk after all. whodathunkit. Congrats. As far as putting it back in, I am all booked up the next couple weekends, (vegas this weekend, helping a buddy remodel a fourplex and doing my headliner next weekend), but if its still sittin around after that, I'm in.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Isn't it nice to touch it without washing your hands every time!
Looks great!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cool Nick, I just got back from WA. I had the SM465 in my father-in-law's 72 GMC he gave me rebuilt. I had to install it. I'll be driving that monster down on Wednesday. Just more hardware to add to my collection. HOA look out!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
TransGo Shiftkit, the pan was $115+tax my dealership price...list $179. If you want one i can get it for you at my price, just let me know.
Actually, I might take you up on that, around Dec or so. I've got a TransGo kit in the mail as we type, so I can check that off my list now.

Mike

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AZ_RC_LUVER said:
AZ-Trailduster said:
TransGo Shiftkit, the pan was $115+tax my dealership price...list $179. If you want one i can get it for you at my price, just let me know.
Actually, I might take you up on that, around Dec or so. I've got a TransGo kit in the mail as we type, so I can check that off my list now.

Mike
Yeah man, let me know :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tcase will be done tomarrow, got the call today from Steve at 4 wheelers. Stretched Chain, Planataries, gasket kit and part time kit for the low low price of $526.47. :\'(

wrong torque converter for 4+ years = bad

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
before...

after.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

8)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AZ_BearFan said:
Man, thats awesome. I noticed you laid down some cardboard in the truck to set the t case on. Is that so the carpet didn't get the t case dirty??
yes actually ;D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i should have pics of the completed engine this weekend ;D

big thanks go to GunPilot for all the help

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks great Nick! You should be rolling soon! Mine is slow but steady,but getting there.Keep up the great pics.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Oh, yeah, twist my arm, make me work on trucks :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Hey, howd you get my engine, wait, you have my electric fan also j/k ;D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts