Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long damn time since i was logged in here. Still haven't found an old ramcharger to work on. But i did just buy a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. How the hell is everyone?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Affordable, drive-able, rebuild-able Ramchargers have gone the way of the dodo bird in my area. There is one locally that looks good, but the fella is asking $6k, because doing work to the top end of the motor doubles the value  ::)

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Welcome back. I'm ramchargerless right now also but I still have my crewcab and a 2011 cummins megacab. Glad to see people stopping back in.
Eric

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I loved reading through all the builds on here. Builds on trucks that i look at and say, "Yeah i could do that in my garage!" not, "Well i need a scanner and a laptop to figure this out."

Granted I love 395hp and 16.7mpg of my current truck, but in order to change almost anything you need a tuner or  some OBD connection to modify the BCM.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
TheSasquatch said:
I loved reading through all the builds on here. Builds on trucks that i look at and say, "Yeah i could do that in my garage!" not, "Well i need a scanner and a laptop to figure this out."

Granted I love 395hp and 16.7mpg of my current truck, but in order to change almost anything you need a tuner or some OBD connection to modify the BCM.
My theory on that... just leave it alone.
Get something old and tinker with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
TheSasquatch said:
Granted I love 395hp and 16.7mpg of my current truck, but in order to change almost anything you need a tuner or some OBD connection to modify the BCM.
https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

$50 plus your $20 OBD dongle and laptop gets you in to every controller and just about every data point. Cockpit ergonomics could use some development to become a serious go-to tool for commercial level use. Beyond simple to get running, connected and looking at things that mean something to you. Scored for the girls late model and even reads the convertible top controller.

Yes, I said convertible top controller. As for me, I'll stick with my timing light, vacuum gauge and DVM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.